Previous topic - Next topic

rockcliff or Pods please poll

Rockcliff
19 (271.4%)
Pods
25 (357.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Bak2Form

time for roberts to get upgraded to rockliff or pods, which one? also guess it depends on who will get more games?

elxam

Bak2Form

dam its close, rockcliff gets a role in the centre but pods will get alot of the footy kicked to him seeing though geelong are always getting it in quick to there forward line

peanut

Pods, only because of job security.

Strangely I Pods is safer at the Cats because of his age, and the fact that there isn't really any Geelong players waiting to come in, barring maybe Max Rooke.
whereas a young Rockliff will have to fight of Adcock and Buchanan for a spot when they return.

Both will play the next 3 games I reeckon, luckily for me I have Rockliff so it's an easy Tippett to Pods for me.

Plastic Boy

By the sounds of Bomber Thompson he's running with the PODS thing until it fails, will that happen? Who knows, I would go Rockliff for the simple fact that he is a midfielder.

elxam

leaning towards Rocky because he's a midfielder and Black has been doubtful.

Pods is oh so tempting though.

Quesion is whether we'll get the same offerings when we need them ...

So it all boils down to job security and both are not yet guaranteed of their spots.

Patience sometimes is the name of the game if you want to hold on to those trades

Plastic Boy

If you have 18 or more trades I'd say bringing in Rocky is not a bad idea, if you have 17 or less then that I'd say save your trades. 

elxam

Fletch74

What if you've had to make some necessary trades (ie Roo, Tippett, etc) and the cash from a downgrade might allow you to upgrade in a week or two?? otherwise you might miss the boat...

Saving trades can also be missing opportunities?

Plastic Boy

Yeah but you will never get everyone that is in good form.  Some players you just have to say "well I cant have everyone"  and focus on the 22 rounds.

You could quite easily find yourself in deep shower with injuries at some stage this year, and lets not forget the headf**k last year when Geelong and the Saints rested players. 

Trades are precious, neither Pods or Rocky will be around long, so just let the boat sail off.

What happens if Rocky or Pods gets injured, then its 2 trades you've wasted.

Fletch74

True, that's what is so good about the game ;)

elxam

Quesion is whether we'll get the same offerings when we need them ...
if you have trades seriously consider at least one

AndyJ

Correct me if i'm wrong.. wasnt Podsiadly promoted to the senior list as a result of a long term injury to Mitchel W. Brown ?

Heres mitch's prognosis from the injury list (for the lazy) -

QuoteMitchell W. Brown     fibula fracture     Pre-season     Return Rnd 8
Has had further surgery on his leg and ankle in late January, requiring 6 weeks off all running. Will likely miss the first 1-2 months of the season. Has been placed on the long term injury list

I seem to remember hearing Mitch Brown was a chance to play in the vfl round4 .. doesnt appear to have made his comeback just yet. dont believe his recovery suffered any setbacks either.

As soon as Mitchel W Brown returns to vfl/afl football, pods must be returned to the rookie list and await a chance to take advantage of any further promotions available during the season (midseason or another LTI). May turn out to be something akin to Damian Peverill in his 1st season at Essendon.

elxam

AndyJ

ps - Damian Peverill reference for those who dont know - Was promoted midseason to essendons senior list from the rookie list as a result of Joe Misiti hurting his knee in round3 2001. Peverill became a highly valued player and much loved by the fans... Didnt save him from being returned to the rookie list when Misiti returned to full fitness.

I still remember the cheer Peverill received when he left the field on that day in 2001.