time for 1st premium upgrade

Started by bundyboy, April 21, 2010, 12:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

well a bit earlier than originally planned, but I think I need to hit a double trade this week.

i have already done 3 forced trades - Roo, Connors and Tippet - that's the bad news, but it has given me some cash in the bank for upgrade - that's the good news.

Didn't want to trade my rookies yet, but with 2 mid reserves not playing - and therefore not increasing in value -  and doubt on Mitchell, i need to ensure some points in the midfield.  Not ideal, but timing is right i think with Pods about to jump in value, and playing well enough to stay in the team.

Also, since i am trading for a certain keeper, that i was planning to do anyway later in the season, I think it should be ok to use the trades.

My thoughts are:

Hitchcock > Pods     giving me enough to trade
Shuey/Banner > Swan

OR

Danger > Pods    giving me enough to trade
Shuey / Banner > Ablett

I think Hitchock has got to go, but not sure about Shuey's injury or whether Banner will even get a game again

Any thoughts?  and which trade do you like best?

antonc

I'd go hitch to pods and Banner to Swan
Getting swan myself this week - he is nicely priced and I think gablett will come down somewhat in 4 to 5 weeks

Also danger will play all year if fit

Roo Bloke

Agree. Dangerfield's scores were good in the first two rounds and week 3 and 4 he can be excused for. He's a keeper who will get you 80-100 each week and will end up as your F6 or F7 (M6 or M7) position come later in the season.

GinoGod

Swans price is still going down maybe another week or 2....u can save more cash to upgrade to him then

elxam

swan might go down a bit more but can't see sub 480k in dt for ablett

valkorum

I have been investigating a double trade to get Swan in the team.  He has a high BE of around 135ish for this week.  For someone like Swan that is gettable and in the Anzac day against Essendon I think he is a chance.

But I do think he may come down a little bit more and I am not looking at any donuts this week, so I am thinking I may hold off.

elxam

bundyboy

tks all - answered my questions..

i recon i need to hit swan this week even if he might come down a bit next week, as i can't risk mitchell not playing and getting zero's

cheers

elephants

ablett IMO is untaggable (if thats a word?). he will get and break the tag each week!!!

bundyboy

seem to remember he got tagged pretty well by Joseph from Carlton.....and guess who they play this week?? :D

Flame

I have Swan and thinking Ablett would go well with him. Ablett had a great start to season, and a double trade to him may just be worth it!!

antonc

Was thinking about a double trade next week to get ablett, but might save myself 110K and get Judd instead (depending on how he goes this week)

This would almost give me my final mids for the year (bar injury!)
Swan
Judd
Bartel
Antonie
Stanton
Barlow
Bastinac and JKT on the bench
Might go barlow to Gablett when barlow has reached his max
Ps does anyone know if JKT will get another game any time soon!

(After getting both swann and Judd I will have used 5 or 6 trades (depending on price increase by cows)

elephants

i reckon if mitchell misses this week YEP jkt is in

MissPiesFF

Quote from: elephants on April 21, 2010, 10:24:45 AM
ablett IMO is untaggable (if thats a word?). he will get and break the tag each week!!!

Liam Sheils(but was suspended for another incident) did a damn fine job on tackling Ablett, so did Rioli. I think a lot of Coaches will be watching both these performances on the way to get Ablett down to ground.

Not so much the Rioli footage because he is a freak in his own right. But for a very new elevated rookie from last year in Liam Shiels they will definitely be all over this and knowing there is a way to shut Ablett down.