Is a trade worth $170k

Started by my.tbt, April 20, 2010, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my.tbt

Like many people recently, I am wondering if I should jump on the Pods / Rockliff bandwagon to gain some $$$. The main trades which have been talked about are either Mayne / Dangerfield / Ballantyne traded down to Pods / Rockliff. I personally would be looking at trading Mayne down to pods and netting around $170k.

I dont have a lot of cash in the bank and have used a few trades thus far but I did manage to pick several good rookies pre-season â€" Rockliff, Warnock, Barlow, Maguire, ect. Im sure this is a predicament alot of us are currently in.

So my question is this - should you wait for the rookies you have to peak, or burn a trade to gain $170k?  ::)

korza

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Pods. You say you already have used a few trades, i presume to re-jig your side. Now your gonna a burn anther trade to gain $170k. I dont see this as a beneficial trade, i'd be trying a way to upgrade Mayne not downgrading.

obrient

Oh i love trading.....when my screen comes up with 2 available trades and im looking through the price rises and drops.....feels like im heaven:  Hence i cant help but to trade.  If i were you i would trade mayne, Pods should cement a spot with a strong few games not to mention he is a rookie with a big body that will certainly handle the strain placed on him by the step up to AFL
With the money you could look at upgrading someone else, i.e i would wait a few more weeks then upgrade a midfield rookie, or possible jump on cox or one of the other misleading ruckman when they pick up form again

170K is a lot of money...have fun

my.tbt

I think alot of people are going to trade. Im just trying to figure out the benefit of keeping the trade and losing the extra cash. There is so much talk of either trading immediately or doing almost anything to keep trades until at least the 8th round.

Trading always does my head in lol. Its probably not to healthy when you wake up and dream team is the first thing that pops into your mind  :o

my.tbt

And I guess, do I really need both Pods and Rockcliffe in my forward line?

I have Roberts as my other rookie (we all know he is going to be the cash cow of the century, ha!!!!)