do these trades vindicate the using of the trades?

Started by Jazz-man, April 20, 2010, 08:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazz-man

have used 2 trades this far (both last week, Roo into Brown and Connors into Moles) after 2100+ in first two weeks, have gone to 1700's the following two. cant win the comp so its time to try for weekly prizes and league glory!

i have 183g in the bank

i have M Clark costing me a premium spot
Relton Roberts and Hitchcock on forward bench

Clark into Sandi or Cox
Hitchcock into Pod

stevemac

just wait and re-assess in 2-3 weeks the form of your rookies. sit on m clark till round 11ish. relton kicked 3 goals on the weekend and might get selected.

Mish

Jazz-man

Quote from: Mish on April 20, 2010, 09:32:04 AM
wow never seen anyone give up so easily :-/

are you kidding? once you drop several hundred behind and into the 30,000's your year is over...its won in the first month. my uniques failed this year, i can live with that

elephants

stevemac

I admire your optimism but to win the whole competition is a big ask. Go ring your nearest competitor in the league and wager him a carton for the round you play him. That should spice up the season.

Plastic Boy

I feel your pain, after being in the top 1000 all year last year, I have started with a bang in the first 2 rounds, and then have slumped into scoring mid 1800's for the next 2.

Ranked at 16,000ish it is the worst position i've ever been in.  However my premiums havent been scoring well, Selwood, Ball, Gia, and Brown and O'keefe have been slightly under the last 2 rounds.  I've made mistake with putting the wrong rookies on (Pods and Basti on the bench) and Ballantyne scoring 29, malceski etc etc.

Things can turn around very easily, no need for crazy trades because players can fall just as quick as mine have.  Remembering Ablett's injury last year after everyone brought him in.

If you have a good mix of players, guns, mids and cows, then players will find form, and your ranking will climb back. 

Save your trades for when shower hits the fan, and no doubt at some stage it will.

Jazz-man

Quote from: elephants on April 20, 2010, 09:45:35 AM
out of interest who were your uniques
you can disclaim them as "uniques" if you choose, but i there were FAR more popular players in each spot

LeCras, Clark, Connors, Seaby and Lockyer (yes connors was good but he really REALLY has angered me)

James Kelly is the only one whos fired