Champion Data Mistake: Hodge

Started by XztatiK, April 19, 2010, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XztatiK

On Saturday night, Hodgey went up 8 DT pts in the 3rd quarter, they recorded 2 handballs, 2 kicks, a free for and a free against. That means they missed three clear tackles. Here's his timeline, go and check if you can be bothered like me :D

19:15 Handball
17:33 Kick
15:20 Free Against
13:14 Free For
13:14 Kick
11:33 Tackle
6:09 Handball
6:04 Tackle
3:52 Tackle

Yeah it's only 12 points (and however many in SC), but it's a pretty piss-weak effort by Champion Data to miss three obvious tackles in one quarter. Makes you wonder how much more they miss. Even more annoying is their inability to respond to feedback and make the correction.

Poooor form.

S_Coach99

well spotted, I just take their word for it

stigs

well if this is the case, i would have gotten over 2000

Spite

Great... he was my captain... and I would have gotten over 2200 with those extra points... :D

valkorum

Wow.  I had him as captain, those extra 12 points would have got me over 2100

XztatiK

Yeah I had him captain too. I thought if we got enough people emailing them at champion@championdata.com.au they'd look at it but the peeps at DT Talk weren't too interested and it might be a bit late now. Don't think I've ever seen them change stats after the game, which doesn't say much for their 'reviews' they claim to undertake.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: stigs on April 19, 2010, 11:46:07 AM
well if this is the case, i would have gotten over 2000
well if that was the case........ i would of lost by more :P.

Nice catch but don't think they will change it unless people actually email them. After all those long hours of watching footy (my dream job 8)), they are bound to mess up now and again.

Mish

Bomber

Good pickup. I've often wondered how they determine the fine line between actual tackle and missed tackle or the guys that join in a tackle a slight fraction of a second after the initial tackler contact. Tackling is probably the one part of DT that is open to a bit of human interpretation and therefore error (maybe some of the Ruck taps too which can be difficult to read who got first touch).

I didn't see the Hodge ones you are referring too so can't comment - I'll take your word that they were obvious tackles.

Master Q

Quote from: XztatiK on April 19, 2010, 11:36:19 AM
On Saturday night, Hodgey went up 8 DT pts in the 3rd quarter, they recorded 2 handballs, 2 kicks, a free for and a free against. That means they missed three clear tackles. Here's his timeline, go and check if you can be bothered like me :D

19:15 Handball
17:33 Kick
15:20 Free Against
13:14 Free For
13:14 Kick
11:33 Tackle
6:09 Handball
6:04 Tackle
3:52 Tackle

Yeah it's only 12 points (and however many in SC), but it's a pretty piss-weak effort by Champion Data to miss three obvious tackles in one quarter. Makes you wonder how much more they miss. Even more annoying is their inability to respond to feedback and make the correction.

Poooor form.

Thanks for this

theta

i emailed championdata and they said 1 tackle counted, the other 2 didnt due to the opponents having effective disposals. 

m0nty

Tackles are probably the most argued-over stat in the game. Champion's rules for what constitutes a tackle are not the same as those of othe stat providers. You won't get them to change their minds, though.

XztatiK

Quote from: theta on April 20, 2010, 10:05:25 AM
i emailed championdata and they said 1 tackle counted, the other 2 didnt due to the opponents having effective disposals.

Same. Although I think it's pretty clear that they DID miss the tackle at 11:33 as Hodge only went up 8pts that quarter (2k, 2hb, 1ff, 1fa), but as monty said, they're pretty stubborn. Still don't see how they could argue the other two were not tackles as well but the deed is done.

PowerMan

Quote from: theta on April 20, 2010, 10:05:25 AM
[/b]

explains everything. well almost.
they should declare this in their rules section so people don't get confused  :)

Digglers27

White Goodmans.  I lost by 12 point last week and he was my captain.