Main Menu

Should I get Foxtel?

Started by Alex7089, April 19, 2010, 02:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

The fact of 8 games is awesome.  The no adverts at all during each quarter is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.  You get to see the players setting up for centre bounce, replays of goals because you dont go to an add break after every goal. 

I also find that your special comments guys (Hird/Frawley) speak more after a goal is kicked (normal advert time).

Plus..... HIRD.  I may be a Freo supporter and Hird single handedly drove us out of the finals series....(sad day for me) but he is a great football player and really good special comments commentator.  Not so sold on Lloyd as a commentator though, but I never liked him as a player (dirty scragging cheat but awesome set shot kick)

MissPiesFF

Yop they play all 185 games of the home and away season :)

Alex7089

Yep, gotta love all that footy *drools*

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 20, 2010, 11:43:31 AM
Yep, gotta love all that footy *drools*
Did you see what I asked before Alex? About having telstra?

Alex7089

Yeah I saw it, we aren't with telstra, on home or mobile. Dang would've been nice to have a discount...

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 20, 2010, 11:49:56 AM
Yeah I saw it, we aren't with telstra, on home or mobile. Dang would've been nice to have a discount...
Yeah I pay 218 bucks a month
I get foxtel platinum IQ2
Line rental
unlimited local and national calls
Free mobile calls to Telstra phones
And 50cents first 20 mins to non telstra mobiles
plus I get cable wireless broadband included
25GB
But the bigpond afl site is un metered  :P meaning I can check out all the latest afl footage for free  :-*

Alex7089

Holy moley nice deal you've got going there MP, when I look in my info booklet it tells me that Foxtel Platinum IQ2 by itself is $135 a month, meaning you get you phone bills for like 90 a month, which I think is less than we pay and we don't get that deal :( I wanna change Telcos..

MissPiesFF

Yeah it's a sweet deal have a look on their site and you'll see the deal, plus if you change from on telco to another with them you get 180 bucks off your first bill and no connection fees
Oh and PS. only downloads are counted not uploads and all bigpond AFL site blah blah blah is unmetered

Alex7089

Cool will look into it, thanks for the tip.

MissPiesFF

If a bigpond member you can watch whole game footage from game dating back to i think its something like 1986? not sure

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 20, 2010, 11:52:03 AM
Quote from: Alex7089 on April 20, 2010, 11:49:56 AM
Yeah I pay 218 bucks a month
I get foxtel platinum IQ2
Line rental
unlimited local and national calls
Free mobile calls to Telstra phones
And 50cents first 20 mins to non telstra mobiles
plus I get cable wireless broadband included
25GB
But the bigpond afl site is un metered  :P meaning I can check out all the latest afl footage for free  :-*
Nice plug MP ;D.

Foxtel IQ is a life saver for me. record most of my shows when i'm out or doing something else.

111 Hits and TV1 are pretty good. Got some of those classic comedies playing everyday.

Alex7089

Gotta love the comedies and sitcoms from the 80's/90's I don't know how I'd get through without them!