Main Menu

Should I get Foxtel?

Started by Alex7089, April 19, 2010, 02:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Hey guys just asking because I'm seriously thinking of getting Foxtel and just wondering for those of you who have it if it' worth it and if it's good? At the moment I'm mainly wanting the sports and docos but the ladies in the house want like FOX8 and 111 hits..

Justin Bieber

can change the package to suit your needs. at the moment fot no sports channels myself.

its good with alot of channels to choose from. always something to watch (most of the time ;))

Alex7089

Cool thanks, will probably be getting it but have heard that the movie channels aren't worth it so won't be paying 16 bucks a month for that >:( Just looking for confirmation that it's good. ;D

Master Q

If you have kids, Foxtel is a must. I have it and i recommend you get it.

Justin Bieber

movies channels are alright. $32 for both movies channel sets.

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 19, 2010, 02:51:14 AM
Don't need movies, Just rent or watch on national tv...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on April 19, 2010, 02:53:18 AM
Yeah. I have my DVD collections ;D

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 19, 2010, 02:54:41 AM
I have over 400 DVD's, I think I need to stop spending all my money on DVD's :S. Anyway re Q I am a kid (in a sense) so I guess it's a must ;D

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 19, 2010, 09:33:41 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 19, 2010, 02:54:41 AM
I have over 400 DVD's, I think I need to stop spending all my money on DVD's :S. Anyway re Q I am a kid (in a sense) so I guess it's a must ;D
I mean kidi kidi as in 3-13, around there

Alex7089

There's 15 and 18 and me... and then there's mum, and that's it. But we watch a fair bit of television...

MissPiesFF

Are you with Telstra? cus if you are go through them as it is a lot cheaper if you have phone and net with them

valkorum

I reckon foxtel is definitely worth it for the sports channel.  Dont forget to get Fuel TV with the sports channel if you want to watch The Ultimate Fighter

You get no adverts during each quarter of every game on foxtel and I also enjoy the commentators on foxtel:

James Hird
Danny Frawley
Jason Dunstall
Brian Taylor (gets very excited, especially about Barlow)
Alistair Lynch
Glen Jakovich
Rohan Smith
Gerard Healy

I also highly recommned Foxtel IQ. 

RobsOverAchievers

Fox 8 is great ,so is arena has shows like project runway,and mtv has tool academy and i would just get the basics plus sport and ADULT channel is $7 if you feeling lonely, the automatically set your pin to 1234(i think).

MissPiesFF

Quote from: RobsOverAchievers on April 20, 2010, 07:25:28 AM
Fox 8 is great ,so is arena has shows like project runway,and mtv has tool academy and i would just get the basics plus sport and ADULT channel is $7 if you feeling lonely, the automatically set your pin to 1234(i think).

I like that show but I always forget to watch it

Alex7089

Quote from: valkorum on April 20, 2010, 05:47:07 AM
I reckon foxtel is definitely worth it for the sports channel.  Dont forget to get Fuel TV with the sports channel if you want to watch The Ultimate Fighter

You get no adverts during each quarter of every game on foxtel and I also enjoy the commentators on foxtel:

James Hird
Danny Frawley
Jason Dunstall
Brian Taylor (gets very excited, especially about Barlow)
Alistair Lynch
Glen Jakovich
Rohan Smith
Gerard Healy

I also highly recommned Foxtel IQ.
Yes will be getting IQ. I didn't know about the quarters thing, and I am excited about being to choose from 8 games a week, LIVE. Not the 2nd class games that are delayed :D