what do you reckon the big V's team would look like if origin was on next week?

Started by chosch, April 17, 2010, 11:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chosch

What do you guys reckon the big V's team look like if they played a state of origin match tomorrow and everyone was fit (eg. sewell)? What's the news on the future of S.O.O. and who could the next team to possibly be, another all-stars??

i love talking about this sorta stuff, get's me pumped to watch the best of the best.

Justin Bieber

OOOOOO. i loved these state of origin games. even the E.J Whitten's Legends game. reckon the other team would still be all-stars. not sure if they are doing S.O.O but they usually hold the legends game mid year (around the split round time).

it would need to be like a mini comp if all states were represented. i think that should be a new pre season thing the AFL bring in.

chosch

yeh, i reckon they should do a S.O.O and run another pre-season comp that those who are selected for origin teams can be exempt from (seems teams like to field young blokes and try out new things in preseason, i think they'll keep it if they decide to do origin pre-season). i dont think they'd do it after the grand final, it'd be mid season as you said or before the season started. regardless, it'd be flowering awesome!

i'd love to see who gets the nod over others. who do you guys reckon would be certainties to start in the blue and white and who do you think could be a surprise ommission? obviously browny would be in for sure, i reckon dal santo and ablett too. i reckon despite harvey's run last week, would be left out. who else?

ossie85

I want a state of origin comp!

8 teams! Two divisions

Division A: Vic Metro, Vic Country, SA, WA
Division B: Qld, Tas, NT, NSW/ACT

Also, anyone have a convenient list of all players and there state of origin? Could be a project of mine!

MissPiesFF

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Gross

chosch

NT and TAS would struggle HEAPS. they'd have to merge. A vic country vs metro would be interesting (but im a vic anyway, so that may be a biased opinion). Maybe a South Western Australia team (obviously SA & WA) would be fairer, with a North East Team (NT, QLD, NSW and ACT) and perhaps as suggested, a vic metro and country team. tassie... dno where they'd fit, they dont have a huge array of players anyway.... reiwoldt i think... the jack of reiwoldts...

ELLsendon

Master Q

Metro v Country would be a great game, not sure about in footy, but nearly all of Australia's international cricket players are from the country... or at least victoria's...

ossie85

Quote from: chosch on April 20, 2010, 06:45:47 AM
NT and TAS would struggle HEAPS. they'd have to merge. A vic country vs metro would be interesting (but im a vic anyway, so that may be a biased opinion). Maybe a South Western Australia team (obviously SA & WA) would be fairer, with a North East Team (NT, QLD, NSW and ACT) and perhaps as suggested, a vic metro and country team. tassie... dno where they'd fit, they dont have a huge array of players anyway.... reiwoldt i think... the jack of reiwoldts...

Tassie would push Qld. The problem is when you start merging states the passion is gone. People want to represent their state not some lame ass amalgamation. Hence the two divisions.

Nick Riewoldt was born in Tassie also.

chosch

this is true, amalgamations are significantly less inspiring lol. true about nick, i forgot i was only raised in qld... i think a vic metro vs vic country would be a good idea, however... i'd support metro, and johnno brown is from country... :( i love big jb.

ossie85

HintT

No way will I ever want to see that debacle of an All-Stars team again.  If you want to pay your respects and commenorate the Hall of Famers and the State of Origin then you bloody well have a State of Origin tournament and with proper teams.  Not that Victoria love-fest with the AFL suits wanking all over each other telling themselves what a wonderful thing they've done, no thank you. Do it, do it properly.  Vic, WA, SA, Qld, NSW.  Tas and NT if they can even field a team.

ossie85

Master Q

NT would be way to un-balanced, can't have a whole team of skin 'n bone runners ;D