Upgrade in the midfield for Reiwoldt

Started by Pado, April 17, 2010, 07:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pado

Traded Reiwoldt for Rockliff, Shuey for Boyd.  Just shy of having enough to get Swan or Ablett, but would have had to lose Martin instead of Shuey.  Would have waited another week if Shuey was fit, got another rise and may have been able to get Swan.  Can't wait with so much doubt on his fitness.

Rowdy12

Double sideways trade
Riewoldt - Boyd  : understandable because of injury
Shuey - rockliff  : sideways trade

korza

You are probably the onlyone thinking the way i did S/C. Could of got Ablett with Martin but took Judd with Shuey.
Brilliant work.

Griffo1982

what does your fwd line look like now?

GinoGod

riewoldt for a rookie.....one word...silly

Mark

I have to agree mate...trading a proven gun (Roo) for a rookie, who has on;ly played 1 game and not a startin 22 when all Brisbanes guns are back is very risky. Good luck though , hope it pays off

lowedown11

ah nah...im exactly the same i wanted to piss skully off n get ablett but just missed out but can do with martin but he is gonna go up atleast another 50-100 thousand in the next few weeks so im thinkin of holdin off for maybe another 2 weeks....i hav 2 weak games first 2 rounds so maybe could be a good move!!!!

great thinkin i reckon but still sideways....

my only problem is i hav podsiadly n rockliff . cant afford gumby but maybe matty lobbe!!!

Pado

Quote from: Griffo1982 on April 17, 2010, 07:35:57 AM
what does your fwd line look like now?

O'Keefe, Byrnes, Bob Murphy, Gia, Medhurst, Duncan, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Moore).  BUT... my midfield is just about complete... Boyd, Bartel, Goddard, Hayes, Didak, Bastinac (Barlow, Martin).

I'd argue that Shuey to Rockcliff is not sideways... Shuey is out for at least two weeks, has made some cash and won't go up, whereas Rockcliff will go up from a low base... so probably worth about $50k just in a week, which is not technically sideways.

Bluke

Where does it say that Shuey will miss two weeks?

Davoo

all i can say mate is good luck with that. personally, i wouldnt have done that.

Bluke

lol shuey is the apple of worsfolds eye. he will get games as long as he is fit and rested, he still has a negative breakeven as well.

bad call

lowedown11

thats why i was thinkin of doin it for skully....pretty much all it is, is sideways trading reiwoldt to ablett shuey to rockliff