Main Menu

i have a friend

Started by stevemac, April 16, 2010, 02:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevemac

and he doesn't have a dream team, but has been watching and playing the stockmarket for over a year.

he consistently tells us how there are lots of similarities between the two systems and that if we paid as much attention to the ASX as we did to DT, that we could make a lot of money.

it seems a bit silly, but if you treated blue chip stocks as you did premium players, up and coming companies as cash cows and new floats as rookies, all the while diversifying between industries (choosing players from different teams) you can see how it kind of relates.

ossie85

That's a good point :)

Except, this is fake money we're playing with, and I wouldn't do nearly as many risky trades and selections lol.

If the money was real? I'd be buying 30 cash cows.

But yeah, I get the point! But I'm risk averse when it comes to money, rather have it sitting in the bank for time being earn 5% rather than risk losing a lot.

statsman

There are plenty of similarities. Both have aspects such as timing - when to time trades, finding value, holding your nerve, need for research and of course luck !

bboys

very good point! Just not sure many ppl would have the balls to treat their own money the same way!!

Chipper23

Yeah except if I had lots money through the stock market I would then be a massive geek but If I play fantasy footy I'm the coolest guy at school!

stevemac

haha good call chipper

I don't think there's a such thing as a risky trade. I'd say the ones in the top of DT ladder who are scoring the best did the most research before they traded.

elxam

you can still laugh at your own stupidity when you lose in DT but I doubt if you can even look at yourself in the mirror when you see your hard earned cash going down the gurgle... this is called pressure ...
when under pressure we react differently to when we are carefree .... this is called risk taking ...

Both forms exhibit some kind of gambling tendency, ie the addiction is there for you to explore...or explode :-)

The3rd

So...

Relton Roberts is the equivalent of 'ABC Learning'

ossie85

Tippett = GFC, Global Fantasy Crisis

Bak2Form

elxam

Roo ~ Bear Stearns ?

17th team ~ subprime ?  :)

stevemac

The3rd

Imagine having some Barlow shares!

Maybe i will get into the stock market, monty should create a new site.

Digglers27

If someone gave me $7,000,000 to play with like afl.com.au have then I'd be keen for sure.

elxam

with 7m I'd hand out free mobile phones to the WCE players to dig it in harder - I need some more DT points from them !