Ben Howlett

Started by DG, April 15, 2010, 03:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

Is trading Ben Howlett out a ridiculous move if he doesnt play this week? I realise if he gets named in the next few weeks it is, but if he doesnt play for 10 weeks, would it be a good move? Someone like Moles would have gone up about 200k by then.

bartman74

Crazy, you have bought someone in to be a cash cow, let it happen. Unless you drastically need cover.

He will play more this year.

GinoGod

his a chance for this week, dont touch ur bench players yet

chatters24

Howlett will get a few more games this year, although Melksham's and Colyer's performances on Sat night will put a little dint in that, however these two boys won't be able to play like that every week so he will get his opportunity again for sure. If Zaharakis is anything to go by last year, those 3 rookies could be in and out of the team all year.

elxam

make sure bench players have served their purpose before trading them out

bundyboy

don't see the point in wasting the trade if he is likely to play soon...he will go up in value as soon as he gets another game, so just keep him and save the trade I recon

Fletch74

Quote from: elxam on April 15, 2010, 08:24:21 AM
make sure bench players have served their purpose before trading them out

Couldn't agree more. Howlett has potential, and will play again

wipz

Hes not even an emergency?! Wtf is the deal with Howlett?

ELLsendon

wipz

Essendon supporters, how do you rate him vs Colyer and Melksham?

Pottsy

I would look at how Mathew Knights blooded the rookies last year for an example - not that I know what he did.  Bombers are a developing team and Knights is conscious of doing his job as a development coach so that means kids will get games, but how many? IIR Zaharakis was in for a couple then out for a couple even after playing not bad.  I think you will see Howlett play in a couple of weeks for maybe 2 or 3 rounds then maybe rotated out a again.  Even though Howlett is a more mature player than most of the rookies, he's still being treated like one. 

Which is a little annoying for yourself DG, cos thats the idea with MAR's (Mature Age Recruits - I just coined a TLA!) If they get a couple of games and perform well (Gm1 16pos 3tk Vs Gee, Gm2 18pos 4tk Vs Fre) , which he did, they normally hold their spot for at least a few rounds to come.

Stick with him I say.

chatters24

It's been reported on the Essendon website that Howlett will miss 1-2 weeks with an ankle injury that he sustained in the weekends match in the VFL.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/weekly.asp

Ben Howlett
Ankle
1-2 weeks

Ben is expected to miss up to two weeks of football after injuring his ankle in the VFL on the weekend. 

Fletch74

:( I guess I'll have to just keep on waiting for his value to rise...

Not happy though!