Main Menu

OPSM not helping 'eh?

Started by Alex7089, April 11, 2010, 11:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Well, as you all know I was at the game last night 2 rows behind the Bombers cheer squad :P Anyway I don't know if it was just at ground level, but far out, what were the umpires doing? It was appalling the amount of holding the ball's they didn't award and gave free kicks to Essendon when there weren't any there. I thought the umpiring was horrible, but as I said I had limited access to replays so I may of missed things.

Justin Bieber

saw the coverage of the game on ten. umpiring was horrible. saw at least 4 times holding the ball wasn't called that i can remember.

HillHero13

2 very bad decisions... Sam Lonergon running in to an open goal kicked it apparantly holding the ball....

Tayte Pears just having a stroll along the wind and yarren comes of the bench and tackles him.. play on.. Esssendon ended up scoring from that play...

DWEBBY5

Lonergon was holding the ball it hit the ground before he kicked it in the rules that's holding the ball

Torress

although if someone attempted a drop kick in space (i know wouldn't happen but its part of this history of our game as this used to be a method of kicking) and hit someone, i bet it would be a mark!! that lonergon holding the ball was a goal was one motion i think it was a terrible call.
umpires made crap decisions that game, it seems they have to get involved. umpires have complete control and alot more respect in NRL, they have no respect in AFL. even at grass root level they get the crap bagged out of them - prob the worst player to umpire relationship in any sport in whole world. but best game in world - go figure!!

MissPiesFF

There will always be times where you may assume umpiring is terrible. On those occasion both teams cop it sweet. There are also times when umpiring seems to favour one team over another. This is not the case. They do what they feel is right at the time with the circumstances given and where on the field they are looking from.

Umpires need more credit than they get. To say someone won a game because of an umpire's indecision and fault is to say lets not have umpires. It goes both ways.

They are highly trained by the best AFL has to offer. If they were not fit to umpire they would not pass the test and be chosen.

Umpiring is a skill in itself just as playing football. Some of them run more kms in an entire game than most players..