How did Roo score pts in 3rd Q????

Started by tony73, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony73

mmmmm now I have to question SC scoring once again!

Roo injured 2nd Q, had 14 sc pts at half time!

At 3 q time he was on 24 pts without taking the field??????????

How can this be, surely he did not influence the game from the bench!

tony73

Scratching my headeven more, he scored 1 pt in the last Quarter as well  ???

Maybe he did some coaching from the bench!

Prospector_1

Quote from: tony73 on April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM
mmmmm now I have to question SC scoring once again!

Roo injured 2nd Q, had 14 sc pts at half time!

At 3 q time he was on 24 pts without taking the field? ??? ??? ???

How can this be, surely he did not influence the game from the bench!

Effectiveness of first half points was later re-evaluated.

tony73

Thats very wishy washy and clutching at straws I recon.

Every other game injury I have seen has reduced points, not gained points

Justin Bieber

game was decided early on maybe. was probably effective when the game was on fire so was given more points for his efforts?

are you complaining? i have roo and i'm spewing with him and gray now :'(. upside is i can trade out for 100k on a fallen premium if he is LTI'd ;D

Alex7089

I feel sorry for roo, but I want him to be cheap next year...
Nah Saints need him to do well so I hope he comes back soon.

Prospector_1

Quote from: tony73 on April 10, 2010, 01:51:21 PM
Thats very wishy washy and clutching at straws I recon.

It's what happens! Suck it up bro'.

Alex7089

Gotta love 130 from NDS though, laughing at the buggers who traded him out after round 1, for selwood.
cough cough hilly cough cough

Cool9

QuoteThats very wishy washy and clutching at straws I recon.

Nothing wrong with clutching at straws if they are the right ones. How would you explain the points reduction?

tony73

Every other player on the weekend (and there were alot of them) reduced their score after not taking any further part in the game except Roo.

Dont get me wrong I have him and dont mind the extra points but I still scratch my head as to how a fantasy score can go up when they are not on the field! Surley the "influence factor" that many say is the reason is calculated at the end of each quarter.

Even so I dont believe he had a great influence either!

antman

come on tony leave poor roo alone! :)

Prospector_1

Rankings points are not only assigned live during the match but are re-adjusted at the completion of the match with the computer weighting scores depending on the most important time of the match or when the match was won. For example, a player may have a score of 50 points at quarter time with his side leading by 20 points at the first break. If that player’s side loses the match by one point after being outscored by five goals in the last quarter then more weighting will be given to statistics in the last quarter (where the game was ultimately won) rather than the first quarter, which will be geared down at the completion of the match. So that same player might end the day with only 40 points in the first quarter. This system also works in the reverse, so for example if one team out-scores the other by four goals in the first quarter and runs away with the game in the next three quarters, the ranking points from the first quarter will be geared higher at the completion of the match for the winning side.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,12189.msg87643.html#msg87643

toodledock

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 10, 2010, 02:41:19 PM
Gotta love 130 from NDS though, laughing at the buggers who traded him out after round 1, for selwood.
cough cough hilly cough cough

lol, he's come good, now all I need is buddy and Mitchell to follow his advice

toodledock

thisis an increasing criticism of supercoach.

For instance Duffield had 142 points at the end of the game and 68 and 3 quarter time... Pav had 5 goals and dominated the whole game yet duffield has more points because he kicked the game winner.

they need to explain more how players arrived at the scores they did as I will admit alot of scores seem to be simply plucked from the anus, and its hurting the integrity of champion data in my view.

ossie85

Disagree. Every game has crucial periods, and it is in these periods that players need to stand up. It's like in diving with the 'degree of difficulty'.