New To Supercoach

Started by NICNATPADDYWHACK, April 09, 2010, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NICNATPADDYWHACK

Hey this is my first year of supercoach and i an coming in the top 10,000 already
is this normal.... does everyone score 2,300 plus every week
dont know please let me know if you do

Big_Cox14

Well, Nick there are over 300,000 other teams in supercoach. So, in answer to your question, no everyone does not score 2300+ each week. A lot of teams score far less than that. However, I'm currently ranked in the top 5,000 overall in supercoach after 2 rounds and hopefully continuing the climb up to number 1.

Justin Bieber

looks like you are doing very well. doing better than me but it is still a long year ahead. see if you can maintain that and go up a notch.

SCADDICT

Alot of people are getting those scores(2300+) atm, its mainly because of sites giving out all the bargains and taking alot of the research part away from the game...anyway your still doing better then the average player, good job.

Streisand

I wouldn't say it is unususal.  Most popular guns are guns this year, so new people picking teams without uniques can be done quite easily this year and still dominate.

So to answer your question, no it's expected for new people to do well because of what scaddict said.  All you need to do is 1 hour research to find all the guns, because these sites are full of opinion pieces on expected big players this year without you having to do any real reasurch.

supercoachheroes

Well if there is almost 10 000 people ahead of you your obviously not doing that well, but I guess it's good for your first time

Alex7089

well I finished better last year but for a first-yearer it's pretty good. It's annoying that people give away all the good picks and don't make people research to find the quality players. Annoying for people who spend lots of time crunching numbers and reading articles.

Pravis

This is gonna turn into one of these... "you should do your own research otherwise everyone will have the same team threads"

Justin Bieber

well if i had the same score last year, i would be top 10k, maybe top 5k instead of 25k this year. took a few risks that are coming along nicely but with everyone choosing the same teams, i'm down the overall rankings.

it pisses me off you got the heraldsun doing a little blog that gives away alot of the good picks. not to mention that black book. a 10 minutes read for guys can get them higher with the "boring and ordinary" picks. i like a little ride and excitement with my fantasy teams 8)

The worst thing now is that Boyd, my number 1 pick, is no longer unique :'(

SCADDICT

Yeah definitely, I have mates who know nothing about fantasy footy just get all they need from DT talk etc and now they paying me out about my team which I actually spent hours researching. Its getting way too easy, I would dare to say that the winner this year will just be very lucky, rather then someone whos put alot into their team because the teams are so similar.

Alex7089

Yeah it is way to easy. It's more annoying when there's a bloke in my league who doesn't know squat about footy, let alone fantasy footy, and he made his team the day before the lockout (wednesday) I am really annoyed because he's outscored me 2 weeks in a row.

Pravis

I do agree with you and putting in the time for researching should really be a advantage. But on the flip side of, it does promote a better and more fierce competition. Plus during the season with trading and and knowing when to cash in or buy a premiums is also a skill which most newbies don't know about either. Hence why you can jump a lot of place in the last half of the season. When they have spent most there trades trying to keep there team mega awesome only to find out they have 2 trades left on all these players are injured or being dropped and they have donuts all over there screens.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Pravis on April 12, 2010, 12:40:10 AM
Plus during the season with trading and and knowing when to cash in or buy a premiums is also a skill which most newbies don't know about either. Hence why you can jump a lot of place in the last half of the season.
OMG!!!!! You just explained my yearly plan ;D. That's exactly what i did last year (even before i jumped onto forums)

uteboy

This is my second year, Last year i used all my trades by round 10 and got hit hard with players out, and being injured, This year I'm trying to save my trades as much as i can, I was even thinking of not trading ROO this week and wait till next week,

Im ranked 1107 over all and got 2312 R1 2302 R2 and 2973 R3 would of been maybe top 500 but ROO went down and i had ROK and cap and not Ablett that cost me..  So in saying that, you doing well i think but choose you captain wisely and save your trades..

antman

Quote from: uteboy on April 16, 2010, 12:50:26 PM
This is my second year, Last year i used all my trades by round 10 and got hit hard with players out, and being injured, This year I'm trying to save my trades as much as i can, I was even thinking of not trading ROO this week and wait till next week,

Im ranked 1107 over all and got 2312 R1 2302 R2 and 2973 R3 would of been maybe top 500 but ROO went down and i had ROK and cap and not Ablett that cost me..  So in saying that, you doing well i think but choose you captain wisely and save your trades..
Whoa thats a huge score!!!!!!!lol I think maybe 2173 would be more like it.