Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 22, 2013, 06:24:22 PM
Touch over for a Medium, but the XP is very nice. Half way to Excep/excep too.

Overall, not too bad.

Thought that was the case. Exp, talent and age drew me in with his wage. I had him for 550k with a couple minutes to go

PowerBug

That's a nice player there cookie. But may i please ask, why is it that you never go through with a plan? you had a plan to go all 20yo's then change it and spread out the ages of the players not too long after and now you sell some of your squad, change countries and buy similar players? It may seem harsh but it looks like you're trying to avoid the big divisions in fear of being beaten. Using the "i'm rebuilding" phrase to those who question you're success as a manager.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Cookie311993

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 22, 2013, 06:34:50 PM
That's a nice player there cookie. But may i please ask, why is it that you never go through with a plan? you had a plan to go all 20yo's then change it and spread out the ages of the players not too long after and now you sell some of your squad, change countries and buy similar players? It may seem harsh but it looks like you're trying to avoid the big divisions in fear of being beaten. Using the "i'm rebuilding" phrase to those who question you're success as a manager.

Wasn't planning to go full 20 year old cause it would have royally flowered me over in the future when they were all ready to retire. My original plan was to have 3/4 players from each age (20-23) by this stage, which I have done. I haven't changed countries I was planning on it as part of a Garage idea. Unless you were absent from the Sri Lankan forums, which you weren't cause you quoted and replied to my response where I stated " div 3 is weak this season. I'm sitting second gonna push for promotion

PowerBug

Quote from: Cookie311993 on January 22, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

Wasn't planning to go full 20 year old cause it would have royally flowered me over in the future when they were all ready to retire. My original plan was to have 3/4 players from each age (20-23) by this stage, which I have done. I haven't changed countries I was planning on it as part of a Garage idea. Unless you were absent from the Sri Lankan forums, which you weren't cause you quoted and replied to my response where I stated " div 3 is weak this season. I'm sitting second gonna push for promotion
At the time i had forgotten about the change countries bit, and when i posted above i forgot about the promotion bit. I suppose if you are staying in SL then all is forgiven, just did seem a bit like you were trying to avoid the tough leagues when i first saw you were changing countries. :-\

:)

Cookie311993

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 22, 2013, 06:55:52 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on January 22, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

At the time i had forgotten about the change countries bit, and when i posted above i forgot about the promotion bit. I suppose if you are staying in SL then all is forgiven, just did seem a bit like you were trying to avoid the tough leagues when i first saw you were changing countries. :-\

:)

It was nothing to do with difficulty as I love a good challenge. It was mainly because of work and the Garage association

Torpedo10

Forgot to set orders so my reli/reli bowler opened the batting.....and scored 51.  :P

K. Musa 4-0-39-1, J. Orr 1 (1b), L. Schreurs 12 (11b)
End of over 20 (13 runs) - Torpedo's Titans(155-7) RR 7.75

On a Hard/Cloudy it's defendable.....just hope it's not close.  :P

Sapientia

Like that player Cookie. Would have been well in but the missus called just before JuJohs auctions ended so missed out.

Good buy.

Sapientia

Messaged y'all Ash's plan. Feel free to suggest something which I'll pass on.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Sapientia on January 23, 2013, 01:03:16 AM
Like that player Cookie. Would have been well in but the missus called just before JuJohs auctions ended so missed out.

Good buy.

Overspend though. If you went over 700k he was yours

Sapientia

He's the kind of player I'd keep for his career so price isn't really an issue. Hate the terms over/under spend; different levels of spending are acceptable for different teams.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Sapientia on January 23, 2013, 01:13:17 AM
He's the kind of player I'd keep for his career so price isn't really an issue. Hate the terms over/under spend; different levels of spending are acceptable for different teams.
That's the way I feel as well. Prices really depend on a) the amount of teams requiring a player b) how much those sides require the player c) the money available.

Couple of teams for all and it could go well over what the community thinks

BratPack

Xerski's Village CC   The Brat Pack
Batting - Top Order   5,671   6,479
Batting - Middle Order   4,452   8,029
Batting - Tail   2,473   3,625
Bowling - Seam   2,512 (8)   6,233 (12)
Bowling - Spin   4,266 (12)   8,825 (8)
Fielding/Keeping   3,362   6,771
Overall   75,823   125,567

Pretty easy win for the B Team. Waygood smashed 86 despite being almost stuffed, my cheapie replacement Hussain picked up 3/15 too

PowerBug

Got no match tomorrow. Will play anyone, preferrably in a Youth match. :) 175k seniors, 90k youths. :)

PowerBug

Match Ratings
  Velvet Morning PowerBugCC
Batting - Top Order 5,885 4,942
Batting - Middle Order 5,068 5,098
Batting - Tail 3,724 2,367
Bowling - Seam 4,644 (16) 4,888 (16)
Bowling - Spin 5,701 (24) 5,635 (24)
Fielding/Keeping 6,240 5,537
Overall 100,096 90,557

Won by 24 runs. :D 6-0 now in Youths, to go with the 5-0 i am in SOD, and the rd 5 PC appearence i had. 3-3 in T20, but at 100% i'm stronger than all the other teams. Triple promotion this season perhaps?!? :O

JBs-Hawks

No idea what im gonna rate PB but should be 90+ :)