Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 03, 2012, 01:48:52 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2012, 01:12:29 PM
You missed one CF - Peter Watson is not visible ;)
Thats because he is rubbish and would be a squad filler :P

If I do this it won't be till the second half of the season once I have managed to secure my place in SOD div 3 ;)

Q regarding Wilkinson he is on fielding till accomplished so a couple more weeks then will go batting tech. Should hopefully pop in tech whilst training fielding though...
Yeah that's what I would do too  ;)

Bazinga

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 04, 2012, 11:37:55 AM
Hmm I know it's a long process, that's why I'm going to really think about it before jumping in to do it. Most of the enjoyment I get from this game is training youth players, and with the new prize money system I'm not going to be getting any money from the senior leagues this season so going to struggle to maintain my luxurious youth academy.

The other thing is with my affiliate I use that as a senior team, buying good 20 year olds and training them up without investing anything in the youths so could be good if I use my main as a youth farm. Still plenty of time to decide ;)

The difference with CF going full youths is that he already has an established youth squad. The reason Valk's transition to youths took so long was because he started his youth farm with 16yo's, whereas CF already has a decent youth squad to work with.

I say go for it CF. I am finding the game extremely boring with slow senior training primary pops and ridiculously poor youth pulls over a long period of time. Hopefully my affiliate's youth farm can develop a few handy players to keep me interested in this game a bit longer.

valkorum

My initial start-up youth squad players are only 18 this season so I still have next season before I have had a complete cycle of players.

I say go for it CF.  I have really enjoyed being a youth farm. 

BratPack

Looking more and more likely I'll be doing the same thing so if anyone wants Elijzen or Lalor start queueing up  :P

Fletch74

Open your players BP. I'll take a look at some of them.

CrowsFan

Just looked at my SOD league in more detail and doesn't look like I'm going to be staying up anyway, so will start purchasing some filler players and then begin putting up players for sale :)

BratPack

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 04, 2012, 01:33:21 PM
Open your players BP. I'll take a look at some of them.

All my seniors are open now

Torpedo10

:( Can't you guys wait till EOS?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 04, 2012, 02:06:08 PM
No time like the present Torp ;)

How much money do you have?

Fletch74

There are quite a few I would be interested in, so when you're ready to start offloading, I'll need to free up some cash by offloading a player or two of mine in order to pick them up.

Let me know ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 04, 2012, 02:08:13 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 04, 2012, 02:06:08 PM
No time like the present Torp ;)

How much money do you have?
atm.....$241.  :-\ 1st in T20, 2nd in SOD & 4th in Youth cause of NRR and have some easy teams coming up. I have a chance of promotion in every league! 2nd in every league would give me about 300k. I am investing heaps in academy's also. If you guys sold off most at EOS would be able to get someone though.

BratPack

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 04, 2012, 02:12:12 PM
There are quite a few I would be interested in, so when you're ready to start offloading, I'll need to free up some cash by offloading a player or two of mine in order to pick them up.

Let me know ;)

I'll let CF get his run-through unopposed first...say 2-3 weeks maybe?

Fletch74

Quote from: BratPack on October 04, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on October 04, 2012, 02:12:12 PM

Let me know ;)

I'll let CF get his run-through unopposed first...say 2-3 weeks maybe?
Cheers, let me know when you start to buy some fillers ;)

CrowsFan

The first couple of my guys for sale will be going up tonight. Any requests for which ones you want sold first?

Fletch74

This will be interesting... All 3 of my assistants will be running Youth Farms :P

At least they qualify ;)