Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on August 27, 2012, 10:29:00 PM
May sound stupid, but having a keeper isn't that much of a bonus, or so i've noticed when purposely playing without one. I'm tempted to sell Sadique Watson and focus on getting better players elsewhere. :-\
thats cos hes not that good
you will notice the diff when he gets better or if you bought better

PowerBug

Quote from: Cicjose on August 28, 2012, 08:44:57 PM
May sound stupid, but having a keeper isn't that much of a bonus, or so i've noticed when purposely playing without one. I'm tempted to sell Sadique Watson and focus on getting better players elsewhere. :-\

imo have a player with a useful batting talent and high fielding if you dont want a geniune keeper

my keeper's only talent is sturdy so its useful as he doesn't bat high up the order but can leave him down the order to bat a bit and he doesnt get tired often.
I was gonna keep with this guy: Kevin Horton
So what you said yeah. :)

Quote from: Cyrus on August 28, 2012, 08:46:51 PM
haha, he's been in my team for 349 days. :o I think i'll hold him coz he's still one of my best bats, so i'll just train him as a normal bat, and not touch the keeping anymore. :)

Thanks for your replies. :)

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

imo have a player with a useful batting talent and high fielding if you dont want a geniune keeper

my keeper's only talent is sturdy so its useful as he doesn't bat high up the order but can leave him down the order to bat a bit and he doesnt get tired often.

haha, he's been in my team for 349 days. :o I think i'll hold him coz he's still one of my best bats, so i'll just train him as a normal bat, and not touch the keeping anymore. :)

if you are going to hang on to him why not keep him, doesn't make sense to play him as a bat and keep a player that he is far superior to  :o :o

PowerBug

Quote from: Cyrus on August 28, 2012, 09:18:04 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

if you are going to hang on to him why not keep him, doesn't make sense to play him as a bat and keep a player that he is far superior to  :o :o
I will keep him (i.e. not sell) coz he is one of my best bats, not because of his keeping skill. But yes of course he'll be keeping (behind the stumps) since i'm keeping not selling him.

Nails

If he is one of your best bats it's a sign you need new batters, not to turn your keeper into a pure bat.

You could buy exp/exp 22yo bats pretty cheaply... so imo keep keeper training him and just buy better bats to replace your horrific ones.

If you're turning a profit like you claim (iirc) - Sell the lesser bats, use weekly profit + sale money to buy better bats...

IMO.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2012, 04:19:31 AM
If he is one of your best bats it's a sign you need new batters, not to turn your keeper into a pure bat.

You could buy exp/exp 22yo bats pretty cheaply... so imo keep keeper training him and just buy better bats to replace your horrific ones.

If you're turning a profit like you claim (iirc) - Sell the lesser bats, use weekly profit + sale money to buy better bats...

IMO.
Yeah i'm looking at buying a bat atm. :) Then my line-up will go: Opener, Opener (Both outs/outs), Accumulator (The guy i buy), Harku (outs/outs) Finisher, Spin Spec (Watson), AR, Bowlers -->

As you can see i love my talents. :D I don't really have any horrific bats, they are all pretty similar.

chrisuzz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 29, 2012, 10:31:49 AM

IMO.
Yeah i'm looking at buying a bat atm. :) Then my line-up will go: Opener, Opener (Both outs/outs), Accumulator (The guy i buy), Harku (outs/outs) Finisher, Spin Spec (Watson), AR, Bowlers -->

As you can see i love my talents. :D I don't really have any horrific bats, they are all pretty similar.
You need to push some to spec/spec PB ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: chrisuzz on August 29, 2012, 11:30:36 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 29, 2012, 10:31:49 AM

IMO.

You need to push some to spec/spec PB ;)
Nahhhhhhh. :P Maybe my spinners i'll go to spec/spec, but my bats will be outs/outs with Leg power and endo.

Nails

Power is overrated. My least powerful batter was my best last season.

He won club champion in T20 and SOD. 13 innings he averaged 90.62 w/ 3 100s and 2 50s. Averaged 49.33 from 12 innings in T20 w/ 1 100 and 1 50.

He had the worst power of all my batters. Power is overrated. You'll end up w/ a spud side if you take 'em all to outs/outs w/ leg power.

MajorLazer

I'm back guys! Try and find my team.

Nails

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2012, 03:06:39 PM

He won club champion in T20 and SOD. 13 innings he averaged 90.62 w/ 3 100s and 2 50s. Averaged 49.33 from 12 innings in T20 w/ 1 100 and 1 50.

He had the worst power of all my batters. Power is overrated. You'll end up w/ a spud side if you take 'em all to outs/outs w/ leg power.
Not hard to do that though when all your other players also have crappy power. Of your 6 batters last season who scored over 100 runs in SOD you had 1 with ordinary power (your keeper), 3 with poor power and 2 with dreadful. So it's not like you are comparing your guy to a similar guy with more power.

Compare that to my team, where I also had 6 players score over 100 runs last season. In terms of pure batting/technique Gerard Warwick was my best batter as he was spec/excep, but he was also the batter with the least power (only ordinary) and ended up the lowest scoring batter for my team. The players with much higher power levels were doing considerably better each game than him, even though they were all out/out (except for Deem who was spec/spec).

So to sum up, power is not over rated ;)

MajorLazer

Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2012, 03:17:09 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on August 29, 2012, 03:10:08 PM

Done ;)
Damn. :P

Has anyone got any guys i could buy for 1k?

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 29, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2012, 03:06:39 PM

Not hard to do that though when all your other players also have crappy power. Of your 6 batters last season who scored over 100 runs in SOD you had 1 with ordinary power (your keeper), 3 with poor power and 2 with dreadful. So it's not like you are comparing your guy to a similar guy with more power.

Compare that to my team, where I also had 6 players score over 100 runs last season. In terms of pure batting/technique Gerard Warwick was my best batter as he was spec/excep, but he was also the batter with the least power (only ordinary) and ended up the lowest scoring batter for my team. The players with much higher power levels were doing considerably better each game than him, even though they were all out/out (except for Deem who was spec/spec).

So to sum up, power is not over rated ;)

Legendary power is  :o

They'll end up being spuds. Taking to Outs/Outs is like over Spec/Spec...

Outs/Outs I'll liken to having someone who can bat a bit, but isn't a great batter. It's like having a body builder who can bat. He's strong, but not the greatest batter. So when he connects he smashes it, but he isn't the best batter so he can't hit it all the time.

Whereas if you had spec/spec/spec - He's a great batter, can connect w/ the ball often and is also strong.

PowerBug

Quote from: MajorLazer on August 29, 2012, 03:19:36 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 29, 2012, 03:17:09 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on August 29, 2012, 03:10:08 PM

Done ;)
Damn. :P

Has anyone got any guys i could buy for 1k?

Well, he knew from last night haha. I have Jake Campbell if you wish. :)