Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Thing is Nails you say those seamers are rel summary and we're kind of lost.
Rel summary could be cap/cap with great secondaries or it could be exp/exp with none.
I dunno but I do know I'd never play 3 spinners in those conditions if I had accom/accom seamers available. The fact that you need to as well suggests to me that you need to go and buy some seamers.

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 02:43:40 PM
Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2011, 02:42:33 PM
Haha Nails conditions don't bring down the skills, it has an effect on how a player performs. Those spinners will do flower all in those conditions, where as with the conditions behind them the seamers may have taken some wickets and they would have had a better ER IMO.
It doesn't all come down to the skills a player has, think.

Also drop fixation with summaries, they really mean very little.

I read it on a forum where multiple experience people (MODs etc.) said you should play Spec summary spinners over a much lower summary seamer despite the conditions as it doesn't effect a player THAT greatly.

Thats probably only if you have 1 or 2 spinners in your attack. With 3 spinners on a hard/humid you will lose both the variety bonus and the bonus for playing seam bolwers. You are inevitably shooting yourself in the foot by not leaving yourself options.

You do realise that all of your opponents are just going to play against you on seam friendly pitches??

cookie311993

Especially when you have one bowling at the death

Bazinga

Nails - the average age of your bowling attack is almost 31   :o  You are going to get absolutely hammered by fatigue this season, especially if you get a lot of humid or hot conditions. Good luck buddy   ;)

Nails

These are my bowlers:
Ud-Din - Spec/Spec - Accom EXP - RFS
Sreerupa - Spec/Spec - Capable Exp - RWS - OBB
Betts - exp/excep - Legendary EXP - RFS

Seamers:
Mamta - Outs/Exp, Outs Power - Exp Exp - RF
Hussain - Exp/Exp, Ord Power - Ave EXP  - LM
Texel - Accom/Rel, Ord Power, Ave EXP - RF
Deveney - Accom/Rell, Accom Power, Spec EXP - LM - OBB.

Therefore I think I went with my best possible line up.

AFEV

Should have played at least 3 seamers, perhaps not Deveney as he is a medium (hard :-\) however they would have performed better.

Texel would have thrived in the conditions, their exp is not going to be as good as the 31 year olds if you never play them. You need to play the younger bowlers at every opportunity as fatigue is going to destroy you this season.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2011, 02:55:59 PM
Should have played at least 3 seamers, perhaps not Deveney as he is a medium (hard :-\) however they would have performed better.

Deveney makes the side as my AR as he's still a capable bat... so I decided to let him have a chuck as well.

I'm going to make a post on the who to play thread... And maybe even my own separate thread and see what they say....

cookie311993

Capable skill or summary

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 25, 2011, 03:00:43 PM
Capable skill or summary

Considering it's me asking I'm surprised you even bothered to ask... Summary lol

He has one of the highest power levels of any of my bats too.

AFEV

Really I don't know what they'll say, but when I was faced with the same issue in the PCC (uneven/humid) I chose to drop my #1 spinner (Bartowski at the time) who had far superior skills to the man who did play (Umar, Accom/accom fasty) Umar took 4 wickets and almost won me the game. There are more examples as well, I'm sure.

BratPack

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=304955

With a heavy heart the final Brat Pack original. Joubert is going to fall, I could probably keep him but I'm not paying 9k a week for a part time player, it comes down to a simple choice, do I want to play him or Elijzen? Sorry Pieter you're not gonna win that battle

Nails

Yeah I'm not totally sure Alex... I just played players who have skill levels ~4 or so levels higher thinking that the difference can't be THAT great...

This is something I'm willing to listen and learn on however as I would like my younger seamers playing, especially for the exp :)

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 03:02:08 PM
Capable skill or summary

Considering it's me asking I'm surprised you even bothered to ask... Summary lol

Stop using summary.
I have a guy (Junior) with poor batting, who has a capable summary. They're a decent tool but skills are much better to use for evaluating players IMO.

Summary is more to represent the player with form and secondaries, so is irrelevant when rating a players (in this case) batting capabilities.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2011, 03:04:17 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 03:02:08 PM
Capable skill or summary

Stop using summary.
I have a guy (Junior) with poor batting, who has a capable summary. They're a decent tool but skills are much better to use for evaluating players IMO.

Summary is more to represent the player with form and secondaries, so is irrelevant when rating a players (in this case) batting capabilities.

Batting = how good they are at hitting runs more or less yes?
Tech = how good they are at staying in
Power = how good they are at using power to hit boundaries etc..

Therefore if Deveney has lowish Batting skill but higher Tech and Power I'd consider him a decent bat despite the low batting skill.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 03:04:01 PM
Yeah I'm not totally sure Alex... I just played players who have skill levels ~4 or so levels higher thinking that the difference can't be THAT great...

This is something I'm willing to listen and learn on however as I would like my younger seamers playing, especially for the exp :)
I mean sure the spinners may or may not out-perform the seamers. But when you consider that you have a tough promotion battle in SOD and these guys are old you should really be saving the fatigue considering these are the kinds of conditions where you'd want to bring in the seamers (and have a smaller disadvantage.)
The exp for the young 'uns is just a perk really ;)