Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazinga

Nice crowd Nails   ;)

I've got an away game to a bot tonight to kick my season off .. YAY   :P

Fletch74

I sent multiple challenges Nails, someone else accepted their b4 you, thus it disappeared...

CrowsFan

Quote from: Bazinga on October 25, 2011, 01:39:32 PM
Nice crowd Nails   ;)

I've got an away game to a bot tonight to kick my season off .. YAY   :P
Snap! Me too!

PowerBug

I have a home game, time to test out my new stadium.

cookie311993

Nails 3 spinners on a hard with humid weather.  What were you thinking dude?

Fletch74

I've got 5 of my first 6 games away, and the only one at home is a youth match :( Stupid draw!

Nails

@Cookie - Spectacular summary spinner is better than a rel summary spinner... Even Ash says the effect of the pitch isn't that bad...

3.4   1   Deveney to Pettinger : [dropped] Edged down the leg side and Sweeney is unable to gather it cleanly.

:( booo.

cookie311993

3 spinners in humid conditions does matter and a hard pitch. 

Nails

It's better than rel summary seamers

Spec Summary Spinners will get penalised down to probably Outstanding summary... perhaps exp summary....

But not down below the standard of a rel summary seamer.

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 02:11:19 PM
@Cookie - Spectacular summary spinner is better than a rel summary spinner.. Even Ash says the effect of the pitch isn't that bad...

3.4   1   Deveney to Pettinger : [dropped] Edged down the leg side and Sweeney is unable to gather it cleanly.

Really?? Are you sure Nails??

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on October 25, 2011, 02:25:49 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 25, 2011, 02:11:19 PM
@Cookie - Spectacular summary spinner is better than a rel summary spinner.. Even Ash says the effect of the pitch isn't that bad...

Really?? Are you sure Nails??

I meant seamer :( But on what I said there, yes I'm sure.

My first challenging T20 in over a season for those who care:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1698144

End of over 11 (7 runs) - Hedger's Team(102-1) RR 9.27
J. Pettinger 43 (24b) , J. Murch 53 (36b) , A. Sreerupa 2-0-25-0

cookie311993

And how are your spinners going nails?  Rather expensive aren't they

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 25, 2011, 02:41:17 PM
And how are your spinners going nails?  Rather expensive aren't they

Better than my rel seamers would be...

At 8rpo per over Ud-Din is going beautifully w/ a wicket against a spec/spec spin spec.

AFEV

Haha Nails conditions don't bring down the skills, it has an effect on how a player performs. Those spinners will do flower all in those conditions, where as with the conditions behind them the seamers may have taken some wickets and they would have had a better ER IMO.
It doesn't all come down to the skills a player has, think.

Also drop fixation with summaries, they really mean very little.

See, Ud-Din going for 8 an over is not bad but there's no way your other 2 spinners will be doing better, where as the seamers may have flunked it, or perhaps they would have stood up.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2011, 02:42:33 PM
Haha Nails conditions don't bring down the skills, it has an effect on how a player performs. Those spinners will do flower all in those conditions, where as with the conditions behind them the seamers may have taken some wickets and they would have had a better ER IMO.
It doesn't all come down to the skills a player has, think.

Also drop fixation with summaries, they really mean very little.

I read it on a forum where multiple experience people (MODs etc.) said you should play Spec summary spinners over a much lower summary seamer despite the conditions as it doesn't effect a player THAT greatly.