Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 24, 2011, 02:15:03 PM
Well, I must say I'm heading down the gurgler money wise too. Be wise and don't invest in your YA until you have money like Shaggy has, and have the wages that he has.

My wages will be about 90k, plus $110k in academies, I have to make almost 100k a week to break even. I'm going to have to sell a good player soon, just to get back to having money :-\
Not sure whether this is directed at moi Fletch, so i'll just say i have a healthy 300k in the bank :) All of it to go into academies. ;)

Nails

PowerBug

You that senior academy pop was a waste of time and money??

Fletch74

No PB, to everyone in general. I don't get enough gate takings to warrant my investment in both academies, and unless you're in a position like Shaggy, don't invest in your YA until you're ready.

I'm preying for a good YP tonight, so I can sell him possibly, which I shouldn't be doing with a Superior YA.

My point is, academies are like old high wage players, make sure you earn the gate takings to cover them before you invest in them....

cookie311993

You make a very good point there fletch and it shows you if you had your time over invest only in seniors until financially viable.

Nails you need to sell some older players. Those wages are rather higher for your side and leagues and you need academy investment.

As it is you need to make 25k gate takings to be positive. Then you have no money for academies

AFEV

Cookie is right Nails, as much as we all want to be constantly improving our squads/MR, it's moronic to pay wages that high while you're in div 4.

Voldemort

Maybe he needs to sell Ud-In  ;D ::) :P 8) ;)

DazBurg

yeah i found it tough near the end of last season having both acadimies up there even to keep them on steady was costing me bout 100k a week

Nails

Quote from: Sid on October 24, 2011, 02:40:03 PM
Cookie is right Nails, as much as we all want to be constantly improving our squads/MR, it's moronic to pay wages that high while you're in div 4.

It's the wages I need to pay if I want to promote.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3851

This guy is in my SOD league... as you can see he rates ~165K or better... Therefore my side needs to rate ~170K as it is now if I want to promote.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on October 24, 2011, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: Sid on October 24, 2011, 02:40:03 PM

It's the wages I need to pay if I want to promote.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3851

This guy is in my SOD league... as you can see he rates ~165K or better... Therefore my side needs to rate ~170K as it is now if I want to promote.
You could get 170k ratings for less than 110k a week if you dropped the wage monsters and picked up 6-10k wage oldies with high exp.
So no, you don't need to pay those wages :P

cookie311993

nails dont worry about promoting and first build a sound a solid squad with a mixture of players 20-24 and 25-29. Dont go for players over 30 as it just wastes your money

bomberboy0618

I have 1.15 mil, and need 2 batters and 2 spinners. I cant land anyone though. RAGE >:(

Cookie Monster

yeah, well i have 2.2 mill.

bomberboy0618

CrowsFan

Thought you weren't playing anymore hilly?