Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Oh no i have dazburg in my twenty20 league, im going to get crushed.

PowerBug

All i have is Barlow in Youths. And his are terrible.

Cyrus

Twenty20 4.4
Hawk's Heroes
Ballpit Chaos

Youth 4.5
Feeling Sheepish

Bazinga

Quote from: Cyrus on October 19, 2011, 04:10:22 PM
Twenty20 4.4
Hawk's Heroes
Ballpit Chaos

Youth 4.5
Feeling Sheepish

Be prepared to feel the wrath of Sheldon >:D

Cyrus

Quote from: Bazinga on October 19, 2011, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: Cyrus on October 19, 2011, 04:10:22 PM
Twenty20 4.4
Hawk's Heroes
Ballpit Chaos

Youth 4.5
Feeling Sheepish

Be prepared to feel the wrath of Sheldon >:D
Penny awaits  :o

PowerBug

Do players in their middle years (23-27) perform better as they are in their prime years?

Bazinga

Quote from: PowerBug on October 19, 2011, 04:42:25 PM
Do players in their middle years (23-27) perform better as they are in their prime years?
No. The only things that make a player perform better (that you can control) are their increased skills and experience (and captaincy) as they get older. Age has absolutely nothing to do with affecting their performance, apart from increases in fatigue hits as players age.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Bazinga on October 19, 2011, 04:51:31 PM
No. The only things that make a player perform better (that you can control) are their increased skills and experience (and captaincy) as they get older. Age has absolutely nothing to do with affecting their performance, apart from increases in fatigue hits as players age.

Baz, since you love numbers so much, how about some statistics from your side? I'm interested to know how your team fairs in a few areas.

Average age of Starting XI plus 2 back ups for alternate pitches:
Rough average of ratings attained by said players:
Improvement factor from when they first started as a team until the EOS. So even if it was only 6 matches as a whole, how much improvement was noticeable.

PowerBug

Thanks. I was wondering whether it did. If so i would go out and buy a player in that age bracket. ;)

Bazinga

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 19, 2011, 05:02:19 PM

Baz, since you love numbers so much, how about some statistics from your side? I'm interested to know how your team fairs in a few areas.

Improvement factor from when they first started as a team until the EOS. So even if it was only 6 matches as a whole, how much improvement was noticeable.

Average age of my starting XI for this season will be 22.36 (1x20yo, 2x21yo, 6x22yo, 1x24yo, 1x28yo). I do not have any backups as i want to max out my best XI's experience. At this stage I don't care too much about opponents pitches, and I will be out of PC in rd 1 so fatigue isn't an issue there.

Average rating of my starting XI is 40611...

In rd 7 of SOD (which was my first match with a completed squad) I rated 158k. In rd 14 with the same team I rated 169k. So in the space of 8 weeks my ratings increased by about 7% - some of this increase would be affected by form increases but it is still a noticeable difference.

Cicjose

is there a way to find out the lowest ratings and highest ratings for your team over a season?

pyronerd

Quote from: Cicjose on October 19, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
is there a way to find out the lowest ratings and highest ratings for your team over a season?
yes, check all of your ratings for the season

or alternatively if you have membership you can bring up some cool little graphs that makes it much easier

Cicjose

so i have to search manually if i dont have Pav membership?

BratPack

Quote from: Holzman on October 19, 2011, 03:57:48 PM
Oh no i have dazburg in my twenty20 league, im going to get crushed.

No you're not. Just belt Ritula in the knee cap before the game starts and you're home free  :P

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Bazinga on October 19, 2011, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 19, 2011, 05:02:19 PM

Average age of my starting XI for this season will be 22.36 (1x20yo, 2x21yo, 6x22yo, 1x24yo, 1x28yo). I do not have any backups as i want to max out my best XI's experience. At this stage I don't care too much about opponents pitches, and I will be out of PC in rd 1 so fatigue isn't an issue there.

Average rating of my starting XI is 40611...

In rd 7 of SOD (which was my first match with a completed squad) I rated 158k. In rd 14 with the same team I rated 169k. So in the space of 8 weeks my ratings increased by about 7% - some of this increase would be affected by form increases but it is still a noticeable difference.

Very nice. Gives me hope of not being down for too long then. :P