Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on October 18, 2011, 11:08:30 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to buy 20yo's if you have a poor senior academy.

Think I'm only 1 week from hitting satisfactory, yes I know that's not a good level but I plan on making it imp++ for rest of the season if I can...

Which will therefore have me at a somewhat decent level by EOS. That 20yo with BH also has 3.5K SR and only needs primary training until he's 23/24... I think I could get him to spec/spec and with BH I think I might go to 80K for him...

I'm desperate for a batter right now.

Bazinga

Go for it. He looks good for under $100k.

Nails

He went for 110K  :'(

Considering putting all my eggs in this 27yo basket:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=189544

I really need a batter or an AR. Although two of my oldies are currently capable summary so I think looking for just a pure bat might be the way to go.

8-6 Suited

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=549855

Welcome the first of many 20yo's to the Tickle My Timber squad.

With 4,060 spare ratings, looks like a good option. I will be going young this season at some point, presumably nearer to the end and in my superior, almost lavish academy he will do well and get about 10-15 SOD/T20/PC games this season as well. Tech last popped in mid June while batting and experience were early August.

Will be on fielding training until Capable and hopefully get an Endurance pop in that time. Will then go onto Endurance training until Reasonable/Capable as well then straight up primaries until Spec/Spec by early-mid 24 then pooowwwweerrr.

AFEV

Going young? :o
I'm surprised. Never thought you would, ever. :P

8-6 Suited

Yeah mate. Hard to sustain the wages and keep my academies going the right way, then constantly improve my team at the same time. Without decent youth pulls that is anyway, which is definitely not a system that will assist me on a weekly basis. :P

Not going to go too young, but will be aiming for something like 23 average age with some solid players already like GS has, with Hobbs and McBourne with a couple oldies like Mushy and Ngilu but better bowlers than he has. I'm looking at getting younger batsmen on the cheap if I can, and will sell and spend big on the bowlers.

Cicjose

how much of a rating hit are you expecting if you will go down that path?

8-6 Suited

Well GS is around 175k or so with a couple 29yo bowlers, but other than McBourne, the rest of them are pretty low being that they were all 20/21 accom/accom or exp/exp where as I will be going for Outs/Outs 21yo to spec/spec 22-23yos. So Ideally, in theory anyway but financially possibly restricting, I would be aiming for similar if not better ratings up to 180k.

I just want to keep my wages around 130k at most though.

8-6 Suited

Players I will be keeping:

Batsmen
Peter Daicos - 30
Jack Hogan - 29
Robert Tyler - 29

Bowlers
Joey Quinn - 28yo M
Gary Ablett - 29yo FM
Nathan Buckley - 29yo FS AR.

Possibilities depending on plops but likely to keep until the end of next season:

Batsmen:
None

Bowlers:
Fitzpatrick - 30yo LF
Goldman - 30yo RF

Cyrus

8-6 Suited

I want to HOF Daicos and Ablett so they are guaranteed but both Hogan and Tyler for now are keepers. Relatively cheap wages and both perform well so will be decent for strengthening the batting line up. And keeping Buckley so that I needn't waste money on an AR straight away but be able to save up instead for a good young one.

bomberboy0618

Whose name should  I change, Harding or Christiani?

roo boys!

Quote from: roo boys! on October 18, 2011, 11:10:33 PM
Seeing as I don't have a bidding agent anymore I have just placed a bit on James at 307k, hoping when I wake up in the morning I have no messages :P
Got him :)

Cyrus

Quote from: roo boys! on October 19, 2011, 08:25:06 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 18, 2011, 11:10:33 PM
Seeing as I don't have a bidding agent anymore I have just placed a bit on James at 307k, hoping when I wake up in the morning I have no messages :P
Got him :)
i was going up to 300k for him then i saw your bid  :( thought of sniping him from you but have a few others i will chase instead

cookie311993

What are his skills RB? 300k is still a fair bit to pay for a 30yo