Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 14, 2011, 02:42:00 AM
Jeez nails you have an extremely weak tail! 3 batters with atrocious batting and another with dreadful!!

But they all have awesome tech making their summaries not TOOO bad...

Betts is doing what I was hoping he'd do as an about to be 32yo AR...  27* off 24 balls :) - will probably get out now

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on October 14, 2011, 03:00:16 AM
Jeez nails you have an extremely weak tail! 3 batters with atrocious batting and another with dreadful!!

Betts is doing what I was hoping he'd do as an about to be 32yo AR...  27* off 24 balls :) - will probably get out now
You can't really call a guy with poor batting an AR no matter what level his tech is!

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 14, 2011, 03:02:29 AM
Quote from: Nails on October 14, 2011, 03:00:16 AM

You can't really call a guy with poor batting an AR no matter what level his tech is!

Currently capable summary batting though :( - was capable summary in accom form... still only capable in exp form... so guessing he'll drop to reas batting in reas form :(

He's a decent bat for my tail end regardless.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 14, 2011, 02:27:07 AM
Good match shaggy. annoyed I didn't get to watch it... -,-

Thanks mate. Was pretty concerned though, as I felt you had that despite the fact you really shouldn't have smashed my Medium like you did haha.

Nails

Don't get how a reas/reas bowler can bowl better than Maca's excep/excep outs/outs etc. bowlers...

I think he's been the best in 2 of our 3 matches and near the best in the other... i THINK.

8-6 Suited

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 14, 2011, 02:59:26 AM
Open him up holz ;)
You are right about the experience though, hopefully gets a pop to ordinary early next season :)

sorry he is open now.

Nails

49.4   W   Etwaroo to Sreerupa : [runout] Sreerupa gets hit on the thigh pad and Gross sets off, gets sent back by Sreerupa, Gross slips and then is run into by Etwaroo, he stumbles and never had a chance to get back.
C. Gross run out (N. Astle) 20 (27b 1x4 0x6) SR:74.07

3 runs... 2 balls remaining... must win.

Nails

49.6   2   Etwaroo to Hussain : [missed runout] Hussain plays a cover drive towards the boundary. Warne gathers the ball but the return is wide of the stumps and the batsmen just scrape home.

Match tied

Missed runout to give me my first ever tied match :) Still think it's total BS that Jones is always best bowler for Maca.

8-6 Suited

CrowsFan

Thought you had the match sewn up when you needed 6 runs from 2 overs with 4 wickets in hand, but that very weak tail of yours just could not do it. Luckily ending in a tie after maca missed a runout on the final ball which resulted in you getting 2 runs from it!
What an exciting finish!!

Nails

Thought I had it as long as Gross was still at the crease... but then that great fielding stopped what might have been a boundary, then he hit a single... then run out... then I knew it was on for young and old!

That missed run out cost Maca the game!

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on October 14, 2011, 03:11:04 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 14, 2011, 02:59:26 AM
Open him up holz ;)
You are right about the experience though, hopefully gets a pop to ordinary early next season :)

sorry he is open now.
He's not bad holz. I would get his fielding up a level or 2 first then focus on bowling and tech. I guess you don't need my player then ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on October 14, 2011, 03:20:56 AM
Thought I had it as long as Gross was still at the crease... but then that great fielding stopped what might have been a boundary, then he hit a single... then run out... then I knew it was on for young and old!

That missed run out cost Maca the game!
Gatha Scorpions    The Nailers
Batting - Top Order:    10,730    9,074
Batting - Middle Order:    6,469    5,387
Batting - Tail:    3,958    2,794
Bowling - Seam:    8,806 (6)    10,272 (4)
Bowling - Spin:    9,330 (4)    12,916 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:    9,309    9,456
Overall:    153,673    153,885

Ratings couldn't have been much closer either! Deserved to be a tie  ;D