Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

Yeah I think if you have had a player long enough than they need a farewell game

cookie311993

HP you pumped for our sod match tomorrow. Should be good ona  green deck which favours us both

PowerBug

Ok, i'll go with u18. Do the u19 squads allow 19 year olds? When i last checked 2 nat squads there weren't any 19yo's.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 12, 2011, 02:04:54 PM
HP you pumped for our sod match tomorrow. Should be good ona  green deck which favours us both
Haha, not really as my top 5 bowlers contain 2 spinners! :P. Ah well, will replace one with Morgan Jr. and see how we go :P. You should beat me ratings wise (I'll rate round 173k from an estimate).

Because none will be around next season and tours are over PB. So they added all the 18 y.o's in contention to get a few extra weeks of experience from being in the squad.

cookie311993

I will rate about 193k but I am lacking another strike bowler. Would really help if I got another strike bowler to strengthen my bowling lineup in wicket taking ability. A Fm or F to replace Desmazeures would be good then I can fall back on Aktar and a new FM to take wickets

Cicjose

im going to go all out to help Crane reach 100 average

(he needs to get 70 or more and be not out at the end)

but im not sure if i should leave him at 3 on attacking or put him on defensive opening.....

(its on a hard deck but Crane would be unlikely to survive the whole innings if i win the toss

(hence the reason to defend with his batting)

(but if i lose the toss and i bat second leaving him at 3 it may be that Crane would not get the runs to make that average)

what to do? any suggestions? i know im being greedy by trying to do this but any suggestions will be considered.
thanks

PowerBug

Bat first, open him on A, watch him score a double ton. Too easy 8)

Cicjose

i wish that would happen..... he scored 100 last time out against this mob but that was on a sticky and he got out.

Cicjose v Bravo Brothers >> Scorecard

Result:   Cicjose won by 13 runs
Toss:   Bravo Brothers won the toss and elected to bowl.
Man of the match:   Bryan Crane (3 points), Alfred Garrett (2), Michael Skuse (1)

H. Briody      b Martin   2   6   0   0   33.33

C. Allanson (c)   c Kaif   b Garrett   34   52   3   1   65.38

B. Crane   c Alam   b Garrett   106   94   8   1   112.77

G. Backstrom   c Dutta   b Garrett   49   56   5   0   87.50

A. Bidstrup   st Kaif   b Rabbani   9   15   2   0   60.00

A. Alley   not out      8   9   0   0   88.89

D. Egan   not out      9   10   0   0   90.00

A. Glass         

C. Horton         

M. Skuse         

A. Jones (wk)         

Extras:   (b 4, lb 1, w 4, nb 2)   11   

Total:   (5 wickets, 40 overs)   228   RR: 5.70

I dont want him to get out tho..... that score was on a sticky

PowerBug

Pffft just go for it, it's just an average. If he gets out, he gets out. What pitch is it today?

chrisuzz

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=384218
Is it worth selling this guy at EOS, to make room for these two guys to play both SOD and T20 every game of next season? or would i be better just to swap the two around?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=528701
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=584335

Im gonna be Div3 T20 and Div4 SOD

Bazinga

If it was me I would definitely be moving Murray Scott out of my team. At 24 he just isn't good enough and your youngsters will benefit from the extra experience, and they will train up to be much better players than Scott.

I would only be keeping Scott and using him as a backup if you think you will have fatigue issues, which you shouldn't as you have a fairly young senior squad. Plus you could use your emerging youths as backup for experience purposes.

chrisuzz

Think i should put him up now or wait till EOS?
How much do you think ill get for him?

I was pretty much thinking the same as what you said! :)

Bazinga

It's hard to know when the best time is. There is a lot of $$$ on the market atm, but there should also be a lot of money around after the EOS prizemoney is dished out as well.

It's up to you. If you need the money for other purchases then you should sell him now, otherwise just put him up before Saturday so that he is on the market when everyone gets their prizemoney.

From memory all listings that are on the market at the time the updates take place will get an extra 24 hours on the TM (thats what happened last EOS).

Holz

Quote from: Bazinga on October 12, 2011, 11:58:03 AM
I highly doubt whether you would close the tech gap on Sambandam. I had a fasty with the same tech gap and he was gifted in tech as well. Because you will inevitably have to train fielding (which trains tech too) it will be impossible to close his tech gap IMO.

Shane Roberts  is back up on the market with a listing price of $130k if anyone is interested.

pity he is not up till EOS i would probably go after him than. I haven't got the cash at the moment.

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on October 12, 2011, 04:13:51 PM
It's hard to know when the best time is. There is a lot of $$$ on the market atm, but there should also be a lot of money around after the EOS prizemoney is dished out as well.

It's up to you. If you need the money for other purchases then you should sell him now, otherwise just put him up before Saturday so that he is on the market when everyone gets their prizemoney.

From memory all listings that are on the market at the time the updates take place will get an extra 24 hours on the TM (thats what happened last EOS).

I thought it was only those that were ending on the day the site was down... but you could very well be correct.

If I were you zz, I'd put him up right now.