Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

I was looking at him. I pulled out so cant really tell you whether to go for him or not.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 07, 2011, 11:19:12 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=560912
Not the best Keeper but can build him up as a Batter. He's already got decent experience. Should I go for him?

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 11:14:24 PM
They just get a catch up bonus by the ME, that is all HP. But whatever, always next season.

If you just let me win, then I would have been able to stay up possibly. You demoted us both. -_-
Doubt I'll be staying up so likely the season after if I do well next season :P. Tiyard just gave up 12 runs :(.

MajorLazer

End of over 44 (9 runs) - Milwaukee Beers(439-1) RR 9.98
V. Edwards 217 (146b) , H. Jongerius 1 (1b) , S. Arman 7-0-57-1

Just lost a wicket 2 balls ago. :'(

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 11:13:51 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 07, 2011, 11:04:16 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:30:10 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=65633

Well, I do like my finger spinners... and this guy can bat...

and he has legendary exp with outs captaincy...

Anyone else think I'm not crazy for considering him? It'd add a bit of batting depth, (even if he's only reas summ in reas form, still best of my tail)

It'd add a super dooper captain to the team. Would definitely make a dry pitch look tasty and make wins for next season easier for me...

Dry = adv spinners, disadvantage seamers...
I'd have Ud-Din, Sreerupa and Betts, so I'd be able to probably even pull off a few upsets on the home pitches!

*drool*
Just bid on him then  ::)
The fact is he is 32 and it's evident that he has already plopped in bowling twice. One more plop there and you will be wanting to sell him. I know you will bid on him anyway  :P

Once I get my mind set on a player... it gets set on a player ;)

Considering plops are random I can just hope for a lot of luck....

I want to promote again next season (into div 3) - even if it means just demoting the following season, therefore I'm willing to buy a couple oldies to do it whilst my 20/21yos develop.

Betts, Sreerupa and Ud-Din on a dry, YUM.

I'm surprised you didn't bid for this player Nails when he was up for sale last week...

Shankar Pankaj

Spectacular experience and Outstanding captaincy - he would be perfect for your team  :P

PowerBug

But nails if you don't buy young you'll find yourself in a sticky situation when they all leave.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Bazinga on October 07, 2011, 11:21:26 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 11:13:51 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 07, 2011, 11:04:16 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:30:10 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=65633

Well, I do like my finger spinners... and this guy can bat...

and he has legendary exp with outs captaincy...

Anyone else think I'm not crazy for considering him? It'd add a bit of batting depth, (even if he's only reas summ in reas form, still best of my tail)

It'd add a super dooper captain to the team. Would definitely make a dry pitch look tasty and make wins for next season easier for me...

Dry = adv spinners, disadvantage seamers...
I'd have Ud-Din, Sreerupa and Betts, so I'd be able to probably even pull off a few upsets on the home pitches!

*drool*
Just bid on him then  ::)
The fact is he is 32 and it's evident that he has already plopped in bowling twice. One more plop there and you will be wanting to sell him. I know you will bid on him anyway  :P

Once I get my mind set on a player... it gets set on a player ;)

Considering plops are random I can just hope for a lot of luck....

I want to promote again next season (into div 3) - even if it means just demoting the following season, therefore I'm willing to buy a couple oldies to do it whilst my 20/21yos develop.

Betts, Sreerupa and Ud-Din on a dry, YUM.

I'm surprised you didn't bid for this player Nails when he was up for sale last week...

Shankar Pankaj

Spectacular experience and Outstanding captaincy - he would be perfect for your team  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 07, 2011, 11:19:12 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=560912
Not the best Keeper but can build him up as a Batter. He's already got decent experience. Should I go for him?

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 11:14:24 PM
They just get a catch up bonus by the ME, that is all HP. But whatever, always next season.
Doubt I'll be staying up so likely the season after if I do well next season :P. Tiyard just gave up 12 runs :(.
If you just let me win, then I would have been able to stay up possibly. You demoted us both. -_-
Well you rate 25k+ more than me, why do I need to tank more? :P. Also have to make you work for your place in SOD 1.1 as I had to last season ;).

Ablett and Quinn are driving me crazy >:(.
End of over 46 (3 runs) - Tickle My Timber(181-9) RR 3.93
G. Ablett 17 (19b) , J. Quinn 5 (9b) , P. Tilyard 8-0-32-3

8-6 Suited

I would have bought him if I saw him. :<

Nails

@PB - I'd keep 1 young bowler around (hussain, exp/exp 20yo) - and then probably Texel as well.

Therefore I'd need to buy 2 young bowlers in 2 seasons time... Which will have given time for my batters to all be ~23-24yo and quality bats...

Texel/Hussain will be exp/exp and outs/outs (or a lot better for Hussain) respectively. Then the only YOUNG players in my team will be the bowlers and not much of an issue.

I'm going BIG in bowlers because right now all the talent is in my bowlers and my batters need time to develop.

@Baz - I would like him to be honest, $400 wages instead of paying $2,500 wages for a bowler that I don't even play that much...

I've got the minimum players required right now.

Justin Bieber

End of over 48 (maiden) - Tickle My Timber(183-10) RR 3.81
G. Ablett 17 (21b) , P. Tilyard 8.3-0-32-4

Not a bad target which I hopefully don't get all out for 100 :P. Tiyard managed 4/32 8). And to think he was on the out at the start of the season, he's pushed WAY ahead of Morgan Jr. with his performances this season.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 07, 2011, 11:15:39 PM
Nails, just no mate no. Simple as that.
My head says no, but the more people that say no, the more my heart says

YES! DO IT! 3 SPINNERS TOGETHER = FUN FUN FUN, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.

@Anyone rated between 140-165K - I need a friendly on sunday.
It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday

My head says no, but the more people that say no, the more my heart says

YES! DO IT! 3 SPINNERS TOGETHER = FUN FUN FUN, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.

@Anyone rated between 140-165K - I need a friendly on sunday.
[/quote]

8-6 Suited

If I lose, I will hate you for about a fortnight. Unless we get into the same Div 2 league HP. -____-

Nails

I'd like to introduce you all to Kevin Betts.

He's probably the stupidest purchase The Nailers have made all season, but when the manager was interviewed about this surprising purchased he was quoted as saying this:

"Yes, I know he's old, yes I know he's on the way out, yes I know in my head (not in my heart) that it was probably a stupid purchase, but he will help towards my goal of building a spin empire! At The Nailers I have a plan of creating the greatest spinning force known to man, hopefully on a dry wicket it works, if it doesn't work then we had fun buying him anyway"

The manager went on for sometime and then had a rather interesting response in regards to why he bumped the price on Betts from 63K to 85K in one big bid, this was his response:

"I just couldn't be bothered having to continually outbid the guy, so I bid 23K above his current price, it scared the guy away, perhaps I paid 20K more than I had to, but oh well"

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 11:34:17 PM
If I lose, I will hate you for about a fortnight. Unless we get into the same Div 2 league HP. -____-
Haha ;D. I wonder if I could pull the upset so will be watching closely until I lose 8 wickets :P.

Haha BB :P. Also Nails, want to play on a pitch that disadvantages Spinner? :P.

bomberboy0618

You paid 85k for that 32 yr old?