Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:30:10 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=65633

Well, I do like my finger spinners... and this guy can bat...

and he has legendary exp with outs captaincy...

Anyone else think I'm not crazy for considering him? It'd add a bit of batting depth, (even if he's only reas summ in reas form, still best of my tail)

It'd add a super dooper captain to the team. Would definitely make a dry pitch look tasty and make wins for next season easier for me...

Dry = adv spinners, disadvantage seamers...
I'd have Ud-Din, Sreerupa and Betts, so I'd be able to probably even pull off a few upsets on the home pitches!

*drool*

bomberboy0618

Dont. He is 32 basically.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:45:16 PM

Anyone else think I'm not crazy for considering him? It'd add a bit of batting depth, (even if he's only reas summ in reas form, still best of my tail)

It'd add a super dooper captain to the team. Would definitely make a dry pitch look tasty and make wins for next season easier for me...

I'd have Ud-Din, Sreerupa and Betts, so I'd be able to probably even pull off a few upsets on the home pitches!

*drool*
You are :P. He'll be 32 by the end of next week ;). He can't bat as his Power and Technique lift up his summary ;). He'll possibly be good for 2 seasons maximum with all his plopping! Wouldn't waste my money on him because of this.

End of over 35 (3 runs) - Tickle My Timber(134-5) RR 3.83
N. Buckley 14 (32b) , W. Carey 9 (17b) , B. Moser 8-0-30-0

Moser has only been economical today....

Nails

@HP and BB

Yes, he's 32... but World Class endo = he'll still be able to play 9 games out of 10 (after reading about other players w/ 32 year olds)

He'll give my captaincy a boost, being the best possible captain in the game excluding players with Natural leader

He'll still bat a tad better than most of my other tail.

Provided I get lucky and he plops in tech before his other skills he'll still be a very talented player.

Any plops he has had this season means his wage will just be easier to maintain :)

Thoughts?

Boomz

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2011, 10:44:23 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 10:40:22 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2011, 10:35:30 PM
I think heppa is probably upset I beat him in a friendly a few weeks back :P
Shaggy, have I been knocked back or are they still discussing?

I'm not privy to any decisions on membership to the Garage.
Oh. I heard they discussed it on their private forums.

They did before but not anymore. I just said I was from FF ages ago when I joined coz they knew RB etc from mentoring.

@Nails Basically the same as HP & BB said... But up to you if you listen or not.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:52:06 PM
@HP and BB

Yes, he's 32... but World Class endo = he'll still be able to play 9 games out of 10 (after reading about other players w/ 32 year olds)

He'll give my captaincy a boost, being the best possible captain in the game excluding players with Natural leader

He'll still bat a tad better than most of my other tail.

Provided I get lucky and he plops in tech before his other skills he'll still be a very talented player.

Any plops he has had this season means his wage will just be easier to maintain :)

Thoughts?
If you really want him, no more than 50k! He'll probably go for more with newer managers not really looking into age too much.

36.1 W Moser to Buckley : [catch] Who said you had to bowl good balls to get wickets? Moser slipped in his delivery, and the ball lost all its pace there. Buckley had time to have a cup of tea before he hit that, but still managed to pick out Morgan, who was the only man inside the circle on the onside. That was a comedy of errors all round.
N. Buckley c D. Morgan b. B. Moser 15 (35b 1x4 0x6) SR:42.86

Moser finally nabbed one.

I applied for the Garage just then as well as the two FF associations :P.

valkorum

End of over 38 (3 runs) - Clydesdale CC(126-8) RR 3.32
B. Morrison 18 (35b) , G. Munro 12 (27b) , C. Hutton 9-1-32-0

bomberboy0618

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 10:45:16 PM

*drool*
Just bid on him then  ::)
The fact is he is 32 and it's evident that he has already plopped in bowling twice. One more plop there and you will be wanting to sell him. I know you will bid on him anyway  :P

MajorLazer

bomberboy0618

Justin Bieber

I'd like to present to you all Anderson Silva :D.

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on October 07, 2011, 11:04:54 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2011, 11:03:27 PM
http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=492782
I wish I had the cash for him :(
I'm going for him.
Ok. Ill leave him for you, because I am such a nice, caring and thoughful guy :).
May put a bid on him to see how high he goes. His experience is certainly going to push his price up, possibly 200k+ :-\.

40.1 W Morgan to Carey : Gone! Edged onto the stumps and bowled. Terrible shot by Carey there. Morgan is ecstatic with that wicket!
W. Carey b. D. Morgan 14 (26b 1x4 0x6) SR:53.85

Shaggy's team may be restricted to 200 on the Slow :D.

MajorLazer

I'm going for him.
Ok. Ill leave him for you, because I am such a nice, caring and thoughful guy :).
Or is it because you don't have enough cash? :P

Maca24

I'm going for him.
I was discussing him with Smiddie.
He is going up to 250k most likely, otherwsie I would go there  :(

8-6 Suited

This ME is so predictable.

Good game HP although it really shouldn't have gone the way it has.