Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 01:25:41 AM
I'm being overly optimistic thinking I'm better than a snowball's chance in hell to acquire this guy yes?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=40815
Stop looking on the market!!  ::)

8-6 Suited

End of over 33 (6 runs) - Tickle My Timber(131-4). 80 runs required from 17 overs. RR 3.97 RRR 4.71
A. Makin 40 (62b) , W. Carey 29 (65b) , A. Hussain 7-2-26-2

Not sure what to make of this position at the moment. If I can see out the rest of this spell without any wickets lost, I have a chance but it is still a fine line to tread. A loss today though pretty much means I come second in the RAODF league which I have had the highest ratings in the entire league. A few upsets though have cost me dearly.

8-6 Suited

33.3   W   Young to Carey : [catch]  Floated up outside off stump, Carey is lured into an ugly swipe towards midwicket, but only manages a top edge which dollies up to Inwood at gully.
W. Carey c M. Inwood b. T. Young 29 (68b 3x4 0x6) SR:42.65

Why did I bother talking when I know what happens. >.>

Maca24

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 07, 2011, 01:26:07 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 07, 2011, 01:24:14 AM
Is investing in Youths worth it in the long run?
Or should it only be down for enjoyment?
Can't decide whether I should, or just continue to improve seniors.
Same for me Maca, but I think I will keep investing in seniors for now. Don't have enough money to make both academies good enough.
Yea thats it.
Honestly, when I get bored of the game and am in a nice position i'll probably sell up and Youth Farm.
That's a long way down the road though  :P

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on October 07, 2011, 01:27:04 AM
Quote from: Nails on October 07, 2011, 01:25:41 AM
I'm being overly optimistic thinking I'm better than a snowball's chance in hell to acquire this guy yes?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=40815
Stop looking on the market!!  ::)

Imagine him (NBB) + Mamta - spec RF opening the bowling together

Followed by Ud-Din bowling economically w/ Hussain (exp/exp 20yo)

Followed by Spec/Spec RWS Sreerupa

Excuse me whilst I drool.

Justin Bieber

Unlucky Shaggy! Hopefully an upset occurs tommorrow ;).

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 07, 2011, 01:26:07 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 07, 2011, 01:24:14 AM
Is investing in Youths worth it in the long run?
Or should it only be down for enjoyment?
Can't decide whether I should, or just continue to improve seniors.
Same for me Maca, but I think I will keep investing in seniors for now. Don't have enough money to make both academies good enough.
It's hard to make it financially viable in the long term unless you plan on keeping your players. I do it so I can follow my Youth's progress over the season and end up with future Seniors and some U19 NATs hopefully (2 already and potentially another 1 or 2 could follow). It's great to watch your Youths to grow but don't need a super academy. I'm happy at Superior, maybe Lavish as a max for now. Think Good/Excellent or so should be good enough to enjoy your Youths without breaking the bank (and allows for decent growth in your squad).

Instead of farming, if you play your Youths in all possible Youth games, quite easy to get them to Average experience by 20, sometimes Reasonable depending if you throw in the odd T20/SOD game on the way. Have had 3 Youths who have/will progress with Reasonable with another 99% likely to do the same next season (Average experience at 18). It is fun growing your own players as well :D.

8-6 Suited

Hope not HP but I will see what your bowlers have to say about it. In particular Moser who will never be a NT again if he tears my attack up. :P

cookie311993

If you have money invest in both maca and ml. Would make you follow all matches you play worth it Imo

CrowsFan

Agree with HP that is probably not financially viable, but it is fun to grow your own players and bring them in to your senior team. My first batch of youths (16 year olds from my first season) are now promoting and will be keeping 2 of them so that saves me money buying players.

Plus you get the advantage of choosing how you want to train them to mould them in to the perfect player :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 01:34:48 AM
Hope not HP but I will see what your bowlers have to say about it. In particular Moser who will never be a NT again if he tears my attack up. :P
Well wouldn't that make him more of a chance for NAT if he tears up a quality lineup? :P. On a slow so helps :D. Hope you like ____ first ;).

I got my first 2 this season. Getting 1 next season and then maybe 2-3 the season after that (One is a Keeper so not sure)! Helps when you can build them the way you want them like CF said. I love getting fielding into my players when they are young, so can get my promoting 19 y.o's to Capable or so fielding to allow for more primary training in Seniors.

8-6 Suited

By the way, HP, why Slow? That tends to favour me more since I have stronger spinners and a strong medium. o.O! Sure, Moser is better than mine but its still going to take a big effort. Should probably have gone green since I only have the 1 Medium and you have (3 or 4?)

Maca24

If I Youth Farmed though, I could get them Reliable Experience by 20 :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 07, 2011, 01:39:01 AM
By the way, HP, why Slow? That tends to favour me more since I have stronger spinners and a strong medium. o.O! Sure, Moser is better than mine but its still going to take a big effort. Should probably have gone green since I only have the 1 Medium and you have (3 or 4?)
I have 2 Mediums and 2 Spinners. I like Slow as I can pull off things on it :P. Don't like Green as then I'd have to play Morgan Jr. over Tiyard, who's been in killer form this season 8). I tend to use pitches that favour me as don't have enough time to scout out opponents ;).

Nails

Why would a spinner get NBB?

They get penalised for bowling early anyway, therefore making NBB pointless, just cancels out I guess? What a waste.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=74729

8-6 Suited

Match Ratings    Tickle My Timber   Nimity United
Batting - Top Order:   13,380   10,781
Batting - Middle Order:   10,187   9,678
Batting - Tail:   4,119   3,894
Bowling - Seam:   12,646 (6)   10,410 (4)
Bowling - Spin:   12,965 (4)   12,423 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:   13,368   12,031
Overall:   210,595   187,697

Lost.

Ridiculous.