Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on September 22, 2011, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 22, 2011, 03:36:36 PM
I say yes. reasonable experience at 26? lol.
Yeah I know :-\ He was a gun when I bought him, I promise :P

Market fairly dry at the moment keeper wise. If anyone has a gun, let me know :)

I saw an outs/outs/outs keeper on the market today.  He is 29 and currently quite cheap.  If you can pick him up cheap he would be good for a season or 2 while you look for another one.  He may not got cheap though

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=101056

8-6 Suited

Pretty low fielding though on him which means a lot of byes. So I'd wait for another target. Or you can go for GS' keeper when he sells him. Not sure when or if he is though.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=73058

His experience isn't great but he is perfect in every other way for your squad and would be cheap. Maybe 150-200k.

cookie311993

Cullen is rather good still skill wise if only his exp was better off. A more experienced keeper would boost your ratings RB. But still good ratings and good performances by Basti

Cookie Monster

RB Brendan Lade is a good keeper on the market.

cookie311993

Played BB in a match we are having on a regular basis lately. Played on a sticky and i managed to grab the win and also post my first ever ratings of 190k

Match Ratings
   bundy bashers   bombersXI
Batting - Top Order:   11,144   11,895
Batting - Middle Order:   10,991   9,456
Batting - Tail:   3,655   4,437
Bowling - Seam:   11,979 (8)   10,227 (6)
Bowling - Spin:   12,614 (2)   12,015 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:   10,232   11,859
Overall:   190,731   189,003

roo boys!

Quote from: Cookie Monster on September 22, 2011, 04:03:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I had already seen him (and Valk also posted about him a bit further up ;))

But like Shaggy said, fielding a bit low :-\

I like Jones, but his summaries are basically the same as Cullen's and he is older so no real benefit there :-\

I might keep looking. Will put in an ad on the FTP forums.

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on September 22, 2011, 04:10:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I had already seen him (and Valk also posted about him a bit further up ;))

I like Jones, but his summaries are basically the same as Cullen's and he is older so no real benefit there :-\

That is why I said he would be a good stop gap for a year or 2 while you find someone better.

roo boys!

Quote from: valkorum on September 22, 2011, 04:15:27 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on September 22, 2011, 04:10:56 PM

That is why I said he would be a good stop gap for a year or 2 while you find someone better.
If his summaries are about the same as Cullen's though I reckon I could keep Cullen until I find someone better.

On a different note, despite being one of the longest playing managers on FF, I have yet to have a player reach 300 days in my squad, due to my impatient buy/sell nature :P Stevenson is now on 297 days though, with Chiba and Furlonge not far behind :)

PowerBug

Quote from: HP FTW! on September 22, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
WOW ROO BOYS! YOU ARE SO AMAZING HOW DO YOU GET SO GOOD AT FROM THE PAVILION? I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP!
Scary :/

roo boys!

Quote from: PowerBug on September 22, 2011, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: HP FTW! on September 22, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
WOW ROO BOYS! YOU ARE SO AMAZING HOW DO YOU GET SO GOOD AT FROM THE PAVILION? I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP!
Scary :/
ROFL check the Luke Shuey award thread.

8-6 Suited

That's your other account you nong. :P

roo boys!

8-6 Suited

I remember everyones old accounts during that time R&B lol :P

PowerBug

How would Nails feel if I bought Davey Stone off him and then used him as a strike player alongside Livingston for a bit?
Then i challenge Nails to a game and he gets MOM and i win :D :D :D :D

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on September 22, 2011, 04:19:37 PM
On a different note, despite being one of the longest playing managers on FF, I have yet to have a player reach 300 days in my squad, due to my impatient buy/sell nature :P Stevenson is now on 297 days though, with Chiba and Furlonge not far behind :)

I have had 2 players overs a year

Lewis McKenzie (RFM) - 15th April 2010
Adam Findlay (Opener) - 24th August 2010