Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Doing a similar thing to Nails with this weeks SOD. Going to play mainly youths against a bot who rated 52k last week, while my youths rated 76k. Resting for top of the table clash in T20 against Juniorleggo. 4 Seniors will play in that game:
Yardley; Batting at 3, not bowling, doesn't make top side.
Khan; Batting at 4, bowling spell 9, doesn't make top side
Dorenagama; Batting at 10, only bowling opening spell, leads wicket takers column thus why he's playing
Schulting; Batting at 11, bowling once, probably won't play either against juniorleggo.

CrowsFan

Yeah the experience is a killer. Which is why I don't want to keep him till he is 18 as that is when he would be getting a game. I have 2 similar 16 year olds but with better experience who will be playing next year so don't need him.
I'm sure someone will pick him up for 1k though :)

Justin Bieber

Give Cic a message as I think he's after some 16 y.o's :).

Haha PB. I'd say don't play Youths but rather second string Seniors (Who need the experience more). Maybe play the Youths you intend to keep into the Seniors (if any) otherwise your full senior squad shouldn't waste too much fatigue playing a bot if you bowl first ;).

Bazinga

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 19, 2011, 02:44:24 PM
Give Cic a message as I think he's after some 16 y.o's :).

Haha PB. I'd say don't play Youths but rather second string Seniors (Who need the experience more). Maybe play the Youths you intend to keep into the Seniors (if any) otherwise your full senior squad shouldn't waste too much fatigue playing a bot if you bowl first ;).

Cic only buys players from Australia or Ireland ...

I also agree with HP regarding PB's T20 match - PB also remember that your net run rate could be the deciding factor if you lose to either leggo's army or influencegaming. I don't think its very wise to be playing crappy youths in your senior matches, considering almost all of your players are rested anyway. Like HP said, aim to bowl first to lessen the fatigue hit.

cookie311993

JL is away on holidays PB so you should have it relatively easy against him

cookie311993

Academy price has dropped this week after being on the rise lately. Rather confusing as to what is going on with managers lately. Inflation came again and went quickly and academies were on the rise then dropped. And so the eb and flow of season 14 continues

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2011, 10:09:14 AM
Nails, if i can't beat you in SOD, i'll try to beat you in Youths, thus the challenge.

You'll smash me in youths, no fun because we're not even close and I don't care for youths...

You should play me in SOD once more... your team is close to mine in ratings now w/ your keeper purchase.

I reckon rand/random SOD is the way to go.

roo boys!

I'll buy him off you CF :)

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on September 19, 2011, 04:47:45 PM
Thanks RB :)
Only had the guy a month so not even going to get back the listing fee haha

roo boys!

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 19, 2011, 04:52:07 PM
Want me to bid 2k then? ;)

PowerBug

Sorry Cyrus you'll have to wait, got Red Pig on Thursday in a T20, and i play Cijose for the first time in two weeks on Sunday.

Once again, i'm disappointed i can't beat you again Cyrus, i want more of a challenge :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on September 19, 2011, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 19, 2011, 04:52:07 PM
Want me to bid 2k then? ;)
Nah don't worry. I get 650 from each 1k bid, it's not like that is going to make much difference ;)

PowerBug

With my YP who isn't worth selling but shouldn't be fired, i'm stuck on what to do with my 16 Youths. I have 3 19yo's who'll move on next season, 1 to Youths, 2 to the TM, but should i either sell now or fire anyone or just hold off to EOS then have 13 youths next season?

Thoughts and help is appreciated.

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2011, 08:26:15 PM
With my YP who isn't worth selling but shouldn't be fired, i'm stuck on what to do with my 16 Youths. I have 3 19yo's who'll move on next season, 1 to seniors , 2 to the TM, but should i either sell now or fire anyone or just hold off to EOS then have 13 youths next season?

fixed

PowerBug

Quote from: Cyrus on September 19, 2011, 08:32:41 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2011, 08:26:15 PM
With my YP who isn't worth selling but shouldn't be fired, i'm stuck on what to do with my 16 Youths. I have 3 19yo's who'll move on next season, 1 to seniors , 2 to the TM, but should i either sell now or fire anyone or just hold off to EOS then have 13 youths next season?

fixed
Thanks. :)