Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

I am probably the only one but its probably not relevant at all but i usually relate FTP back to RL cricket

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on September 16, 2011, 03:43:30 PM
Quote from: cookie311993 on September 16, 2011, 03:42:26 PM
Really? i thought for sure that experience would matter big time in a run chase to keep your cool when chasing the total. I personally feel it would be important but thats just me
Agree.
Not sure about FTP, but in Real Life experience and composure is vital to chasing, so i asume that it's the same.
not in all cases it all depends on the person you can have a life time of experience and still not handle pressure in a vital run chase

Cyrus

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 16, 2011, 03:44:55 PM
I am probably the only one but its probably not relevant at all but i usually relate FTP back to RL cricket
i have played A grade cricket for 20 years and it is no where near the same

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 16, 2011, 03:42:26 PM
Really? i thought for sure that experience would matter big time in a run chase to keep your cool when chasing the total. I personally feel it would be important but thats just me
I 100% agree too, and I've even applied this to bowling at the death as well, but f'whit Rob says otherwise, that Ash has stated that experience has only 1 situational effect, strike farming.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23352

cookie311993

played A grade longer than i have lived

Cyrus

going around again this year aged 35... just bought a new GN EVO stick too is a sick bat  8)

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on September 16, 2011, 03:50:13 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=298792

Can't believe people want this guy.
Well, the person who has top bid has only just began playing FTP. That would explain it ;)

Cyrus

Nails

12.5   .   Niehuus to Christie : [dropped] Christie plays a fierce pull straight to Dickson at mid-wicket, who grasses the chance.

OOOOOOO YEAH

Pay back!

PowerBug

Home: PowerBugCC
Away:Voyage To Illumination
Ground: PowerBugCC CG
Crowd: 5,000
Weather: Sunny
Pitch: Green

Woohooo! :)

$28k aswell.

Nails

14.1   .   Niehuus to Stone : [dropped] Is that a dropped catch? Stone flashes hard outside the off stump, and the ball pops in and out of Douglas's gloves. Replays suggest that there may have been the faintest of edges on that, so that goes down as a missed opportunity for Douglas.

:)

woot.

Nice work PB... This is the biggest crowd I've played in front of... Only time I've sold out was for PC...

bomberboy0618

Anything wrong with these orders?

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on September 16, 2011, 04:09:59 PM
Nice work PB... This is the biggest crowd I've played in front of... Only time I've sold out was for PC...
I played a T20 in front of 10k+, the guy hadbeen playing for a while but sold his best players the night before so i won :)

PowerBug

Wijedasa has called tails correctly and has decided to bat. Voyage To Illumination will start their innings shortly.

So i'm having a chuck first up, Dorenagama and Vadher to open. It was a lose/lose situation for them. Either come up against the leading wicket taker in the comp, or bowl to my excellent batting line-up. :P