Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

BratPack

CrowsFan

Honestly don't see how Daz should have won since he only played 1 spinner on a hot crumbling pitch (basically a spinners paradise), whereas the other guy played 4!

But then again he is the giant killer so well done Daz :)

MajorLazer

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 15, 2011, 12:23:03 AM
Honestly don't see how Daz should have won since he only played 1 spinner on a hot crumbling pitch (basically a spinners paradise), whereas the other guy played 4!

But then again he is the giant killer so well done Daz :)
Daz's done it again... He's the only one who does it consistently. A true Giant Killer :)

Cicjose

i think we need to steal some tactics off him to help us in our quests

37.2   W   Molony to Backstrom : Molony strikes! And a collective groan from the crowd as Backstrom departs. It was nothing more than a straight ball on a length. Backstrom tried to glide it to third man, but it was far too close and crashed into his pads to trap him in front.
G. Backstrom lbw b. B. Molony 24 (25b 2x4 0x6) SR:96.00

a shame not to bat out

37.6   W   Molony to Jones : Fuller in length and wide outside the off stump, Jones goes for an expansive drive and the ball goes straight to Johnston at backward point. The bat turned at the point of impact and the ball went high up towards the fielder who timed his jump perfectly.
A. Jones c D. Johnston b. B. Molony 1 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:50.00

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=731895

if he was in capable form he should bat better than that  :'(

Crane was 12 runs in front of Cregagh's number 3 Joseph Fitzpatrick before the innings began and scored 73 n.o

End of over 40 (3 runs) - Cicjose(175-6) RR 4.38
P. Martin 2 (7b) , B. Crane 73 (108b) , B. Molony 8-1-45-2

with his N.O effort ONCE AGAIN  :) his average jumps from 93.69 to 98.25

this season his average is 114.3
season strike rate has dropped from 118.76 to 109.9
but he took one for the team tonight

all i can hope for is i bowl Fitzpatrick out for less than 85

Nails

Cic I have a guy who's averaging 155 over the last 5 weeks in youths  8)

Cicjose

but what is his career average tho?

Nails

crap :(

I just got smashed week after week in my Youth league when I first signed up... so he took a beating lol.

It's only 57 or something right now :(

We've got 1 tough team and 3 EASY teams to come in YOD so he should lift his average a bit... Hopefully he can knock out 4 unbeaten tons to try and catch your guy :P

Cicjose

lol i dont care a great deal of youths but i bought crane and backstrom to carry the team to start with......

crane carries the team every time and i love him for it 8) so it would be nice to average 100 cause he bats so well
(i bought him for 4K)

and im building my team around my 17yr old keeper Jones and 16yr old Ireland for next season

also is it wrong to not want to take wickets after what they did to me last time?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1407176

8.6   W   Regan to McLoughlin : Edged and out! Caught rather easily in the end. Jones moved slightly to his right and watched the ball drop nicely into his gloves.
K. McLoughlin c A. Jones b. P. Regan 11 (30b 0x4 0x6) SR:36.67

edging in front of the game

Skuse to Johnston : [Yorker] The yorker hits Johnston on the toe in front of off stump. The umpire raises the finger and Johnston limps away towards the pavilion.
D. Johnston lbw b. M. Skuse 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

what a turnaround Today he got out for 0 last time we played on his flat deck he scored 122

End of over 20 (3 runs) - Cregagh (72-4). 104 runs required from 20 overs. RR 3.60 RRR 5.20

i haven't won yet tho cause his finisher is still in and although there is still as i write this 5 overs till the final 10 i don't want him to go beserk

LET"S GO TEAM! LET"S GO!

26.6   6   Martin to Sweeney : Sweeney has hit that into the rafters. On leg stump and he picks it up and deposits it into row Z

as the finisher he needs to be stopped before the 30th over or i will lose

Nails

You need to destroy Sweeney!

Cicjose

well hopefully my last 2 bowlers can improve their ER

especially Bidstrup as the lone spinner

cause to survive the drop i will need to win tonight and next week's games....

Cyrus

Clyde Cougars won by 7 wickets
   Tivoli Knights of Buckley    Clyde Cougars
Batting - Top Order:    3,845    3,825
Batting - Middle Order:    2,900    3,671
Batting - Tail:    2,004    1,815
Bowling - Seam:    2,672 (8)    3,936 (8)
Bowling - Spin:    2,709 (2)    4,280 (2)
Fielding/Keeping:    3,809    3,694
Overall:    57,814    66,534

with no 19yo's in my squad my ratings are not that bad are they?

DazBurg

thanks guys the giant kiler strikes again that 2 games in 2 days...lol

now i'm two games clear in 2nd 1 game behind 1st who i play next week

CF the only thing i can put it down too is tactics i changed a few things up knowing this was a crumbler
i put Salim my opener on D to stick around with his BH talent and he made 90
and i also put Dyer my spinner on A on both spells but i paired him with Abbas which he usually doesn't but i did specifically for this match so my best seamer was adding pressure with my spinner had one of my opening bowlers have both spells on D and had my other one have his last spell on D
and i think the one other thing in my favor is he played 4 spinners yes it was a crumbler but still 1 too many imo still should mix things up instead of letting my batters get used to face the same thing (i.e like in real cricket how they would have a spinner at one end and a pacemen at the other so it gets mixed up and not the same over and over again)

but as much as the tactics worked i still got lucky of course but hey i'll take it

Fletch74

I don't believe its luck in your case Daz ;)

Interesting you mentioned about your opponent playing 4 spinners, I just read on the Ask Ash thread this morning that playing a revived player has less of an effect on a game than the variety bonus. This just backs up your comment re facing 4 spinners unless they're wrist/finger spinners or left/right etc.