Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1428348

Terrible start. Not happy with this opening, but i rate my batters to pull it back.

Nails

29.4   2   Draper to Huq : [dropped] Huq's not got onto that as well as he'd hoped. Gostelow is out in the deep and it goes down! Oh dear... and if it could get any worse for Draper there's 2 runs more to the score.

fmyftpt

Bazinga

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 14, 2011, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2011, 04:05:51 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on these two ideas:

1. An option for the Weather forecast could be rain or possible showers, thus providing more unpredictability and more complex games.

2. When a new manager takes over a team, the previous players all get removed from the game. Maybe the players could all go on the TM and all money goes into a black hole.

1. No rain during games would suck. Why would you want to watch a game when it is just raining and no one is playing?

2. When a new team takes over the other players do get removed from the game

Agree with CF. The possibility of rain would ruin this game. Bad idea. There are enough variables in FTP to produce an unpredictable result. On the other hand I would like to see 'cold' weather, only because a lot of matches are played in countries that have cold climates. Not sure how cold weather would affect performances and fatigue though.

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on September 14, 2011, 04:43:17 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 14, 2011, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2011, 04:05:51 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on these two ideas:

1. An option for the Weather forecast could be rain or possible showers, thus providing more unpredictability and more complex games.

2. When a new manager takes over a team, the previous players all get removed from the game. Maybe the players could all go on the TM and all money goes into a black hole.

1. No rain during games would suck. Why would you want to watch a game when it is just raining and no one is playing?

2. When a new team takes over the other players do get removed from the game

Agree with CF. The possibility of rain would ruin this game. Bad idea. There are enough variables in FTP to produce an unpredictable result. On the other hand I would like to see 'cold' weather, only because a lot of matches are played in countries that have cold climates. Not sure how cold weather would affect performances and fatigue though.
Well cold weather could see fatigue take even longer. Yeah i thought the rain one would be a longshot. But how about those guys that purchase a great player, then lose their team and that player disappears from the game?

Bazinga

That player just dies with the team. No great loss as that player was already in the team which went bot, so who cares?

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on September 14, 2011, 04:49:25 PM
That player just dies with the team. No great loss as that player was already in the team which went bot, so who cares?
The players who don't have a team to play for. :P :P

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on September 14, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

Not always like that...
A few gun players/nats have been recruited by teams that got banned for cheating 1-2 later after acquiring a player...

I saw a few whine about it on t3h forumz.

That is 5 wickets for May!
34.5   W   May to Mabud : [catch] Short ball, outside off stump which Mabud tries to upper cut over the slips, but only succeeds in gifting a faint edge through to Howe who does the rest.
S. Mabud c W. Howe b. P. May 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Can reas power in youths make a player whos primaries are poor still a decent player? This guy is poor summ but because of reas power seems to be one of my better players... with the bat AND ball

Fletch74

Power is a modifier to skills, it increases the batting summary of that player slightly, as do other secondaries, it does not act as an extra skill during matches. If that player had ord power, then they may be dreadfull summary, etc ;)

If he is one of your better players, then all your others must be crap!!! :P

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on September 14, 2011, 05:04:20 PM

Haha Fletch. Nails and PB carry on like their youth squads are full of superstars.

I honestly couldn't tell you ANY of the skills of ANY of my players in my youth squad. Thats how much I care.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Bazinga on September 14, 2011, 05:07:59 PM

Haha Fletch. Nails and PB carry on like their youth squads are full of superstars.

I honestly couldn't tell you ANY of the skills of ANY of my players in my youth squad. Thats how much I care.
I could tell you a couple. Thats about it.

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on September 14, 2011, 05:07:59 PM

Na May is one of my lesser players but gets the wickets somehow idk...

Baz has your youth squad won 2 matches this week? :P

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on September 14, 2011, 05:11:32 PM
Na May is one of my lesser players but gets the wickets somehow idk...

Baz has your youth squad won 2 matches this week? :P

I don't understand your point Nails??

Nails

My point is I love them because they can play my T20 for me too :)

I played my entire youth squad in T20 yesterday as well and they won :)

2 matches in 2 days, champs, that's why I love them so much :)

They're not just my youth side, they're my T20 side when I have a big one in SOD.

Bazinga

I'd rather play my seniors in T20 regardless of opponent, as I'm sure the experience will benefit them more than it would benefit my crappy youths.

Nails

Yeah I only play them if I need my SOD rested as much as possible...

Win Friday's game... I'll promote

Lose Friday's game... unlikely.