Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

in around 4-5 days it'll be around 3 weeks since I last passively smoked...

Never actually put my lips to a cig.

Congrats Baz :) great work... unless you're a 4yo.

Bazinga

I smoked for 16 years, and one day I just decided to give it up cold turkey and I haven't had a puff since.

8-6 Suited

I'm quitting from today actually, just had my last one and decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. I want a better life than being unable to run for a minute without wanting to die.

Nails

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 13, 2011, 03:43:10 PM
I'm quitting from today actually, just had my last one and decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. I want a better life than being unable to run for a minute without wanting to die.

You don't need to smoke to get to that point  ;D  :'( :'( :'( :'(

That's why I'm trying to give up McDonalds, Pizza and Coca-Cola as of the weekend just gone...

I guess heart tick approved McDonalds is okay...

Bazinga

Good luck Shaggy   :P    I certainly didn't want to get like those 60yo's that have emphysema from smoking all their lives  ..  yukk.

8-6 Suited

I've been smoking for 15, almost 16 years now and I want to get back to top grade football again. Doing a preseason with Gippy Power should be good though for my fitness, but the smoking was my real issue.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on September 13, 2011, 03:45:11 PM
That's why I'm trying to give up McDonalds, Pizza and Coca-Cola as of the weekend just gone...

Heart tick approve McDonalds is not ok!
I haven't eaten McDonalds all year. Haven't even wanted to get it once :)

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 13, 2011, 03:53:45 PM
Quote from: Nails on September 13, 2011, 03:45:11 PM

Heart tick approve McDonalds is not ok!
I haven't eaten McDonalds all year. Haven't even wanted to get it once :)

McDonalds is like 3 minutes down the road and I work at a pizza place... not a good combo for someone wanting to lose weight lol.

It's nothing for me to drink a bottle of coke...

When I order a large mcvalue meal at McDonalds I normally order an extra large coke lol.

8-6 Suited

I don't need to lose weight though Nails. I'm not overweight at all, so my diet isn't a concern to me. :P Plus Maccas is like 200 metres away and I likes it. :>

cookie311993

Well i have a very high metabolism and struggle to put on any weight whatsoever. Tried to bulk up for footy season. Hate so much food and went to the gym and only put on 5 kilos

Nails

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 13, 2011, 04:01:45 PM
I don't need to lose weight though Nails. I'm not overweight at all, so my diet isn't a concern to me. :P Plus Maccas is like 200 metres away and I likes it. :>

I know...

But you were talking about running 100 metres and wanting to die, this applies to both of us :P

Regardless of what we need to stop lol

cookie311993

awesome got 10k fans to my t20 match. Still yet to fill up my stadium in a league match. Have only done it in PC matches

8-6 Suited

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 13, 2011, 04:03:03 PM
Well i have a very high metabolism and struggle to put on any weight whatsoever. Tried to bulk up for footy season. Hate so much food and went to the gym and only put on 5 kilos

So have I. You should see the shower that I eat lol

CrowsFan

I'm pretty sure I have an extremely low metabolism. I gain weight extremely easily so really hard to keep it off :(
Especially now that I'm injured and can't do exercise...

8-6 Suited

Do you eat hot peppers CF? Capsaicin (a chemical found in jalapeno and cayenne peppers) temporarily stimulates your body to release more stress hormones, which speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories. Also, check on your thyroids at the doctors. Hypothyroidism is rather common with tose whom have extremely low metabolisms.