Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

19.4   W   Saunders to McDonald : [catch] Goes for the big lofted drive, but doesn't time it at all and rather tamely picks out Else on the edge of the circle.
H. McDonald c R. Else b. M. Saunders 41 (68b 2x4 0x6) SR:60.29

Was setting up to just guide us to an easy victory... unfortunately dismissed :(

End of over 20 (5 runs) - The Nailers(88-1). 137 runs required from 30 overs. RR 4.40 RRR 4.57
D. Stone 40 (53b) , M. Christie 1 (1b) , M. Saunders 5-0-22-1

Thanks HP :) impressive 6 wicket haul from my man Tex.

Nails

Apu has now been added to the squad at The Nailers

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=93551

When NailsForLunch was questioned about this acquisition he said:

"It may not be the best move we could have made, it may be a mistake, perhaps we should have made a different, younger acquisition, but it's what we did and we'll have to live with it.

Hopefully the few seasons he does have for us playing at The Nailers are good seasons and one where he can get a lot of "exp"
We welcome him to the club and look forward to the many wickets we expect him to take, especially on the crumbling wickets of The Nailers CG"

cookie311993

Massive waste of money nails

Nails

End of over 33 (4 runs) - The Nailers(129-4). 96 runs required from 17 overs. RR 3.91 RRR 5.65
A. Yogish 12 (19b) , J. Sweeney 1 (1b) , J. Beete 7-0-31-1

Upset on the cards... could have used him in this match.

CrowsFan

Going to win easily now nails, especially since Luigi's keeper Lee dropped Yogish 3 times in 2 overs!! :o

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 05, 2011, 12:51:24 AM
Going to win easily now nails, especially since Luigi's keeper Lee dropped Yogish 3 times in 2 overs!! :o

Haha yep :) pretty happy about it too...

Yogish shouldn't be too far away from accom/exp I'm hoping...

29.4   .   Herman to Yogish : [dropped]
39.2   2   Saunders to Yogish : [dropped]
44.1   .   King to Yogish : [dropped]
44.4   2   King to Yogish : [dropped]
45.3   2   Campbell to Yogish : [dropped]

lol

MajorLazer

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=408795

Worth it or not?

I asked for him to be put up, but for less.

Also really need a FM/F as I don't have any.

CrowsFan

8-6 Suited

I disagree. I reckon he is a good one. Fielding is fine for now. Just needs to get to Spec/Spec and then get to Capable power, and you are highly likely to have a touring Fast bowler. Then get him to Exceptional/Exceptional then power for the rest of his life.

Because he has NICE experience for his age.

So I say yes, he is worth it.

cookie311993

Just so you know Smith is not in the top bowlers for Canada for his age bracket. I was talking with the nat managers as smiddie was using that as his reasoning to bump up the price. The manager and assistants both said he was worth 350k at max with the same skills.

Smiddie is the biggest rip in the game.

Bazinga

IMO he is not worth $500k. His wage suggests that he has only recently popped to outs/outs (which is good but not awesome for someone who is only 6 weeks away from turning 23), so training him to excep/excep will take a very long time. It will also take another full season to train his power to capable. But his experience and fielding are a positive and you would have a great player for many seasons.

I agree with cookie - $350k is about his right price. But I myself have previously overpaid on players so if you feel that you need him and you are happy paying $500k then go ahead and buy him.  His price is irrelevant if you have plenty of cash to spend.

8-6 Suited

Oh, he is a FM anyway. Yeah, not worth 500k. I thought he was a fasty. :D

cookie311993

You will find a valuation of him in the game forums. He will rip someone off but I don't want him to rip off someone from here

bomberboy0618

cookie311993

yeah worth it good player except/except ws is good with good fielding