Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

fatigue should rarely come into it. unless you stay in pc which is still awhile away and you would very likely be knocked out round 1

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 02, 2011, 01:42:18 PM
fatigue should rarely come into it. unless you stay in pc which is still awhile away and you would very likely be knocked out round 1
For me, passable means you need a rest. I also have a problem where i rely on too few players: Wallace and Budden. Those two sometimes bat out 40 over together, which is fun, but it means they sometimes don't get up for the T20 next week. Last week Tonge was out first over and Budden, batting at 3, was 175not at the close. Today Wallace starts on energetic fatigue, so he'll miss next weeks T20. Of course should i be playing a difficult opponent i'll try to get my best side on the pitch.

valkorum

I will swap a player out at energetic.  Passable is way too low to play in my team.

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on September 02, 2011, 01:51:05 PM
I will swap a player out at energetic.  Passable is way too low to play in my team.
Yeah, i don't play on passable coz then they drop to moderate and satisfactory then they could miss two games. And it drags on.

bomberboy0618

cookie311993

PB why is wallace your captain? Reasonable captaincy with ord exp is bad. Oldfield or wardlaw are your best option

valkorum

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 02, 2011, 02:01:07 PM
PB why is wallace your captain? Reasonable captaincy with ord exp is bad. Oldfield or wardlaw are your best option
Well, when i got Wallace he was my best captain. And i haven't really looked into changing it since. I'll change it to Wardlaw coz he's only 20 and isn't a bowler ;)

Nails

End of over 7 (3 runs) - The Nailers(60-0) RR 8.57
A. Yogish 35 (26b) , D. Stone 25 (15b) , S. Shuvo 3.5-0-33-0

The Nailers won by 10 wickets.

Needless to say: it was a tad easy.

Justin Bieber

Lucky you Nails :P. How's the ratings going?

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 02, 2011, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 02, 2011, 11:07:36 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on September 02, 2011, 07:59:56 AM
200k ratings :D
Great stuff RB!!! Can challenge Shaggy now :P.
Not likely. I just improved my team. Should get to 210k now. :P But he has been able to be a good challenge for me, for a while now actually.
Saw them :o. Should give the PC an even better go next season! I still stand by my point, RB is the closest on here to you :P.

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 01:26:49 PM
Do you guys play the same XI for SOD and T20, with just different tactics, or do you change your line-up around.

Coz i'm thinking of playing everyone in my side 1 a week. The guys that come in are about the same as those that miss, so i wouldn't lose firepower.
I don't, as I prefer getting experience into the youngsters. I've got 13 Seniors but a Youth who can also play for me. So have 1 Bowler and 2 Batters sitting out for my strongest team.

I tend to play my strongest team in SOD. In a very strong position for T20 so rest my Best Bowler (Moser) and Jeffers as both are 27 and can use T20 as an extra source of experience for my Youngsters. But seeing as I'm in a better position to promote, may switch around in a few weeks.

Agree with the others though about playing your Best XI where possible to build their experience. Half the guys I have I've been building experience into for 2-5 seasons.

PowerBug

Your second paragraph was the answer i was looking for. Mix up the T20 slightly to get experience into other players. I'll just take each week as it comes, as promoting in SOD will be very difficult, can't promote in Youths, and i'll have to beat juniorleggo if i want to promote in T20.

PowerBug

Wardlaw has called heads and lost the toss. Mudzongachiso ponders for a moment before deciding to bat first. Joey's Bashers will start their innings shortly.

All your fault cookie. If Wallace was captain, i'd be batting first. :P :P

PowerBug

Strike bowler strikes early!

W
Dorenagama to Thompson : When playing a forward defensive, it's important to keep the bat and pad together as they say. Well... they should definitely say to Thompson, schoolboy error and the stumps are re-arranged.
M. Thompson b. D. Dorenagama 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

PowerBug

And he's done it again!

W
Dorenagama to Immelman : A misjudgment of Gattingesque proportions from Immelman. On a length, the ball jagged back. He had already decided to shoulder arms and the ball smacked into his back leg. It looked out before the appeal had even reached the 'zat' stage and the umpire agreed.
L. Immelman lbw b. D. Dorenagama 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

End of over 1 (maiden) - Joey's Bashers(0-2) RR 0.00
A. Mudzongachiso 0 (0b) , K. Reid 0 (0b) , D. Dorenagama 1-1-0-2