Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on September 02, 2011, 07:59:56 AM
200k ratings :D
Great stuff RB!!! Can challenge Shaggy now :P.

Quote from: roo boys! on September 01, 2011, 08:52:58 PM
Introvert Extrovert doesn't matter....

Stuck in my head! ARGH
Only two words I can remember from that song :P.

Hillly's Heroics Hello
Batting - Top Order: 12,448 10,870
Batting - Middle Order: 8,487 7,729
Batting - Tail: 3,855 3,285
Bowling - Seam: 11,946 (6) 10,574 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 10,605 (4) 11,409 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 10,316 12,063
Overall: 183,301 174,143

On a flat and somehow won by 69. Almost 200 runs scored in the last 25 overs :o. Selth was Awesome and Wilmink and McFarlane (A and D combo) managed to get on a roll late in the innings to set a pretty good target (Best I've had for quite some time). Gotta say Hilly's batters had me worried when I was watching the match now! His openers just couldn't get out >:(. RR was over the required for like half the match before bowlers managed to get the wickets nearing the end. Great match Hilly and happy it was an entertaining one ;). Want me to send the Players Of The Match to you?

cookie311993

I made the mistake of bowling my all-rounder at the death with my spinner which usually works except i bowled the wrong seamer and consequently conceded 100 runs in the last 10 overs :(

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 02, 2011, 11:07:36 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on September 02, 2011, 07:59:56 AM
200k ratings :D
Great stuff RB!!! Can challenge Shaggy now :P.

Not likely. I just improved my team. Should get to 210k now. :P But he has been able to be a good challenge for me, for a while now actually.

8-6 Suited

Batsman   world class

Pollucksingh is now a World Class summary batsman. yeah doges. :D

PowerBug

Do you guys play the same XI for SOD and T20, with just different tactics, or do you change your line-up around.

Coz i'm thinking of playing everyone in my side 1 a week. The guys that come in are about the same as those that miss, so i wouldn't lose firepower.

Fletch74

Well, I only have 12 players, so I have no choice unless I play some Youths.

Cuts down on wages, therefore allowing you to put money elsewhere PB, like academies.

Why would you want to have 2 sides and they only play once a week? Wages???? Do you have problems with endurance?

Experience is the most important secondary in the game...... Cut down your players and play twice a week!!

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on September 02, 2011, 01:29:40 PM

Cuts down on wages, therefore allowing you to put money elsewhere PB, like academies.

Why would you want to have 2 sides and they only play once a week? Wages???? Do you have problems with endurance?

Experience is the most important secondary in the game...... Cut down your players and play twice a week!!
no no no. I have 15 players. Just wondering whether people play all fifteen or not. Fletch your different as you only have 12, but others. Have you got players that only play T20 cox they are big hitters for example?

8-6 Suited

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 01:26:49 PM
Do you guys play the same XI for SOD and T20, with just different tactics, or do you change your line-up around.

Coz i'm thinking of playing everyone in my side 1 a week. The guys that come in are about the same as those that miss, so i wouldn't lose firepower.

Yes, I do. Constantly. Consistantly. Unless fatigue becomes an issue then they rest a game, and depending on the pitch as to whether or not I play the extra spinner or not, but mostly I play the exact same team.

Fletch74

Big hitters can still play in SOD. Endurance would be the key factor, especially if they're oldies

cookie311993

no pretty mych everyone keps their squad to minimum numbers because its the right thing to do. No need to buy t20 specific players.

CrowsFan

I have 1 spare batsmen and 1 spare bowler. I play them when I want to give one of my other players a rest and that is it

Cicjose

valkorum

Quote from: Fletch74 on September 02, 2011, 01:29:40 PM

I agree with Fletch. I  have my main eleven players and then a few development players (currently 2 for me).  I play basically the same team for both games but change the tactics.  During easy games I play my development players or when a players fatigue is low and he needs a break.

As long as your players have endurance around reasonable then they should be able to play 2 games a week - prob need a break every couple of weeks though.   One of my development players has endurance of ordinary and he normally plays 1 game a week with no problems for his fatigue

cookie311993

I have 12 players. I use my full strength side unless its against a rather weak opponent so i play my 12th man and maybe youths

PowerBug

Alright. I'll look to keep the same XI as much as possible and only play my other 4 when fatigue comes into it.