Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 25, 2011, 08:41:34 PM
nails why are you playing 3 spinners. the most i ever play is 2. 3 spinners seems abit over the top to me
3 is very justifiable on a dry or crumbler, if the pitch isn't one of those, then nails is crazy :P

Nails

It's a spinners wicket with advantages for spinners

And 2 disadvantages for the seamers..

My 3 spinners are in my top 5-6 bowlers therefore by playing them it's probably my best possible lineup.

And here you can see maldos say that 3 spinners is preferred for this kind of pitch:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23260

cookie311993

i dont like the idea of 3 spinners. Especially when one is 32 years old

cookie311993

for something out of the ordinary for everyone my Expert/reliable 20yo Keeper-Batsman just hit Brian Moser for 6

Nails

The 32yo isn't there to take wickets or anything, just to hold up an end so we can fit an extra batter in on a bowler's wicket.

Stone bowls both of his spells on D just to save us space in the squad.

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=528739

He got bid on cookie!

Here's to hoping it doesn't get overturned, I've seen similar players go for more to n00bs...

Hopefully admins don't read my mails to him and think of it as cheating which several people said it isn't.

cookie311993

You need some variation with your bowling attack. You should have bowled, Harris, Mamta, Ud-Din, Greig, Maddox. Then your bowlers receive a bonus for covering every bowler type.

Nails

Harris is like two summary levels below Stone though and would be one less batsman in the side

Therefore the bonus they'd get would be cancelled out by my side being weaker.

cookie311993

You think about it the wrong way nails

Nails

my ratings drop like 5-10K if I don't bowl Stone...

cookie311993

Ratings dont really mean jack unless you are playing on flat or hard

pyronerd

Quote from: Nails on August 25, 2011, 08:57:31 PM
my ratings drop like 5-10K if I don't bowl Stone...
ratings don't really matter that much, but I do agree that playing 3 spinners on a crumbler (an assumption I'm making is that you are on a crumbler) has it's merits. Spinners get a big bonus on crumblers, which is bigger than the bonus given for having a variety of bowlers. Being able to bat down the order is also very handy when playing on a crumbler.

cookie311993

Not sure if you know though but dry and crumbling are very prone to upsets. My worry with 3 spinners is 30 out of 50 overs being spin. Most likely spin will bowl at death or in unison

Nails

Stone is on now, let's watch him go Cookie ;)

I hope Siddiq doesn't get overturned... I'll get ~95K from the sale... and then if I decide to sell Kreder, Bubb and Pasuma I'll have like 200K+ to buy someone who's out/out or spec/spec

They'll probably replace Siddiq near the top of the order which would make my worst batter Yogish @ number 6 who's accom/accom.

@Pyro it's being played on a Hot/Dry - both disadvantage seamers and Dry advantages spinners.

cookie311993

He should get overturned. Kreder is only one you should really seel. Keep pasuma for now cause Mamta will start to go down hill in time