Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 24, 2011, 02:32:40 PM
umm PB have you listened to anyone at all ??? doesnt seem like you have judging by your side and academies and number of players. And then you bagged out red pig about his team and i am pretty sure he beat you in the AL so i think that points you towards still learning
I have listened to people cookie, but now i'll follow on my own way.

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on August 24, 2011, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2011, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on August 24, 2011, 02:32:01 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2011, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on August 24, 2011, 02:19:19 PM
Don't worry about PB cookie .. everyone has given him endless good advice and it's his choice whether he wants to take that advice on board or not. To be honest I think you are continually banging your head against the wall by trying to help out PB.

It's ultimately up to him if he wants to acknowlegde good advice and give himself the best opportunity to progress up through the leagues and develop a strong team. It is quite obvious to us that the route he is taking won't get him very far in the future.
You can give up cookie, chances are a won't listen to you much any more. And that's probably the same with everyone else, i've been playing for 1.5 months now, and i think I know how to play.

fixed it for you PB   :P
What did you fix??
He fixed the statement. You said you know how to play the game, he changed it so that you thought you knew how to play the game.
That shows my reading ability.

cookie311993

@Nails. Keep siddiq he is a good player and keep Bubb for now. Kreder and Pasuma you could possibly sell as it may be hard for them to find a spot in your team for quite some time. I would possibly look at getting pasuma off you, as i have been looking for a FM and the Left arm is appealing even though his skills are a bit behind

@Pb i am sure people wouldnt have told you to invest improving ++ into both academies or have so many players in your squad. Surely i am not the only one who thinks you should really cut down your numbers. Your plan of buidling for the future is rubbish. Baz, Maca, Sid. They are building for the future but the thing they have is they have good to great players they are building with in their academy. They got their young squad set, you should do the same thing

Nails

+ he has a Triggered talent which is great for dismissals!

How much you willing to pay for him though?

I know Cyrus is willing to pay ~90K (if he gets enough for Siddiq) which I'd probably sell him to for that...

Kreder gets a spot in my squad on spinning wickets because of Spin Spec and isn't that far behind Bubb but yeah, probably worth selling.

but yeah I'll probably move him on.

Nails

That is 100 runs for Arunasiri (100 runs, 69b, 9x4, 1x6) SR:144.93

Hopefully a n00b sees that he has infinite/over100 average and pays more than the 109K he's currently going for  ;D

Bazinga

Quote from: Cyrus on August 24, 2011, 02:37:57 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=493318
THINK i mite regret putting him on the market?
what do you think he'll go for
mite have trouble replacing him with someone good in my price range?

Cyrus, do you realise that you will only get about 70% of his sale price, if he sells. Personally I wouldn't touch him as his secondaries are woeful (except his experience). Maca would be crazy to buy him, it would take at least two seasons to get those secondaries up to an acceptable level.

cookie311993

Pasuma for me isnt worth that much due to the fact he is only reliable/reliable. The talent is nice. 90k for siddiq is a rip off though he is a dreadful fielder. Spend the rest of this season training his fielding and then put him on the market at eos if you want to get rid of him

Nails

How much would you offer for Pasuma Cookie?

I think I'll list Kreder at 30K because if he doesn't go for more than that it won't really be worth it...

or maybe I'll just keep him... not sure what % of his sale price I'll get back atm but I haven't had him /that/ long

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2011, 02:49:36 PM
+ he has a Triggered talent which is great for dismissals!
I always preferred passive talents...I never really pay attention to triggers :-x

Nails

It's a Sales Pitch Alex!

I'll make it sound pretty if I want to :P

I normally pick up 2 wickets a game in Seniors from triggered talents. (3-4 my bowlers normally have them)

That is the 50 partnership (50 runs, 22b, 7x4, 1x6) SR:227.27

Great work fellas, great partnership so far.

cookie311993

probably 15k max. I got him awhile ago for 11k

bundy bashers >> 13. Bing Lee >> Details
Player Info
20 years old | 34,090 rating | $3,522 wage
Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium
Talents   Gifted (Bowling), Skilled (Batting)
Nationality    Canada
Form   reasonable
Fatigue   revived
Experience   poor
Captaincy   reasonable
Skills Summary
Batsman   ordinary
Bowler   capable
Keeper   poor
Allrounder   average
Notes
Skills
Batting   poor   Endurance   average
Bowling   accomplished   Technique   reliable
Keeping   poor   Power   poor
Fielding   reasonable   

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2011, 02:55:55 PM
It's a Sales Pitch Alex!
On second thoughts trigger talents are awesome ;)

Nails

You got him for 15K cause I saw you bidding on him  ::)

I had my eye on him but you bid first so I let you have him :P

Was he the player I made sure you got? I remember someone was about to expire and you didn't realise you didn't have the top bid so I placed a bid to keep the auction going for you... lol

cookie311993

I dont think so because my transfer history for him says i got him for 11k

cookie311993

28 Jul 11
04:26   Bing Lee   Nyah District CC   bundy bashers   $11,000   33,190