Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

You are going about it the wrong way. You were better off keeping your youth recruit. You are wasting money, seriously. You are better off using that money to improve your senior side

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 24, 2011, 02:10:58 PM
You are going about it the wrong way. You were better off keeping your youth recruit. You are wasting money, seriously. You are better off using that money to improve your senior side
I'm doing that too.

cookie311993

@Nails Your side has improved alot and the players are moving along qucikly.
Batters:
Simon Expert/expert
Mcdonald Expert/Out
Stone Acc/Acc
Siddiq Rel/Acc
Yogish Acc/Acc
Bubb Acc/Rel
Kreder Rel/Rel

You can probably afford to offload Stone as he is 32 and keeping young players away from exp. Then if you are gonna look for replacements then you are searching for minimum Acc/Acc for Siddiq, Bubb and Kreder, possibly exper/acc.

Bowling
Ud-Din Spec/spec FS
Mamta Out/Exp F
Maddox Expert/Acc fm
Texel Acc/rel F
Pasuma Rel/Rel FM
Harris Rel/reli m (good secondaries)
Greig Rel/Cap

Your bowling lineup is pretty much your strong point. Pasuma and greig you are looking for minimum acc/rel, possibly better. Harris is weak in primaries but his secondaries for his age are very nice

@ PB maybe better off raiding the market looking to spend that money to improve your senior squad. Your academy is high for where you are if you can get some better bowlers you will be doing well. Cut back youth investment to steady, be willing to swing the axe and use the market effectively

Bazinga

Don't worry about PB cookie .. everyone has given him endless good advice and it's his choice whether he wants to take that advice on board or not. To be honest I think you are continually banging your head against the wall by trying to help out PB.

It's ultimately up to him if he wants to acknowlegde good advice and give himself the best opportunity to progress up through the leagues and develop a strong team. It is quite obvious to us that the route he is taking won't get him very far in the future.

cookie311993

yeah you are pretty much right there baz, i feel as if i am just going backwards with Pb and should have given up ages ago but i enjoy helping the new fellas as long as they are willing to take the advice onboard.

To me it seems like he is wasting money on worthless players. Improving ++ youth academy for players who are just yuck. Nails is taking the correct approach and why he will most likely easily win the Amateur league and start to cause some troubles for other FF teams shortly

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on August 24, 2011, 02:19:19 PM
Don't worry about PB cookie .. everyone has given him endless good advice and it's his choice whether he wants to take that advice on board or not. To be honest I think you are continually banging your head against the wall by trying to help out PB.

It's ultimately up to him if he wants to acknowlegde good advice and give himself the best opportunity to progress up through the leagues and develop a strong team. It is quite obvious to us that the route he is taking won't get him very far in the future.
You can give up cookie, chances are a won't listen to you much any more. And that's probably the same with everyone else, i've been playing for 1.5 months now, and i know how to play.

Bazinga

Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2011, 02:29:49 PM

You can give up cookie, chances are a won't listen to you much any more. And that's probably the same with everyone else, i've been playing for 1.5 months now, and i think I know how to play.

fixed it for you PB   :P

cookie311993

umm PB have you listened to anyone at all ??? doesnt seem like you have judging by your side and academies and number of players. And then you bagged out red pig about his team and i am pretty sure he beat you in the AL so i think that points you towards still learning

Nails

Yeah the thing is Cookie I'm sorta thinking ahead

and if I do replace those players with the similar skills you mention they'll still be struggling to get a game as my top XI still play every game that I need them to play

I rest Stone/Ud-Din and Mamta for 95% of matches

And the worst fatigue I've played anyone this season was revived, therefore It's not like I need many players past my XI, Also the reason for getting an out and out gun is... I'll have someone ~25-27 whereas if I'm looking at accom/accom exp/acccom etc they'll be 20-22yo and I'll have a problem down the track when all my squad are 27-29yo and expensive and getting too old

Therefore I'd like 1-2 guns so my squad can bat/bowl around them.

I'll be getting rid of Stone after my match vs. my stronger opponent in SOD.

I'm therefore thinking if I could get an ARR with accom batting and bowling summary that'd be good as otherwise just a Spec batter would do me well.

Cyrus

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=493318
THINK i mite regret putting him on the market?
what do you think he'll go for
mite have trouble replacing him with someone good in my price range?

AFEV

Quote from: Cyrus on August 24, 2011, 02:37:57 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=493318
THINK i mite regret putting him on the market?
what do you think he'll go for
mite have trouble replacing him with someone good in my price range?
I think Maca said that he was going to snipe him ;)

cookie311993

You know they go for alot of money Nails. Msipha the player i sold was Rel/Acc/rel and he went for heaps. Looking at it you probably need 1 or 2 batters 25+ with exp just to solidify your middle order. Ud-Din and mamta help your bowling lineup with 2 players more exp

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on August 24, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

You can give up cookie, chances are a won't listen to you much any more. And that's probably the same with everyone else, i've been playing for 1.5 months now, and i think I know how to play.

What did you fix??

Nails

Hmmm..

Reckon it'd be worth selling off Kreder/Siddiq (still my opening bat right now though) and perhaps Bubb (always performs and ave power str is high quality for my squad)

+ Pasuma

I'd keep Greig because after Stone's sacking he's the only spinner I have other than Ud-Din

If I sold Kreder/Siddiq/Bubb/Pasuma how much could I get for them and would they be worth selling? They always seem to knock up some decent scores.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2011, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on August 24, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

What did you fix??
He fixed the statement. You said you know how to play the game, he changed it so that you thought you knew how to play the game.