Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

roo boys!

Harrison sold for 249k!!! :D

Now got 840k in the bank with Etwaroo still selling.

bomberboy0618

Do I take the risk and sell Harding now (and get my acc/acc bowler to fill in) or wait until a replacement comes?
As the market is looking like he will sell for 400k.

roo boys!

Up to you BB. If he goes over 350k or so I won't chase him.

Master Q

Depends on your league position BB.

Master Q

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/ratings.htm?gameId=1420262

How can I beat this guy? I need to beat him so I can promote or play my guns so I sustain a better NRR but not play my young'ns for experience...

He has me by about 12K in ratings, I had him beat earlier this season because of fatigue but now I'm not sure... What do I do?

Do I leave my Academy at Declining/Steady so that I can save up ~200K to buy a gun with for our next match, do I just accept defeat and hope for a better NRR, do I cross my fingers for an upset, do I buy 2 30yo guns that are cheap w/ the money I can save?

???

bomberboy0618

Dont buy someone for one match.

Nails

well if I had 200K to spend I'd be hoping for someone who is youngish and exp/exp or someone who is ~25yo and out/out

Therefore it'd also be for the future... I'd probably also sell one player so I had more like 230K...

roo boys!

End of over 32 (12 runs) - PyroNerds XI(126-4) RR 3.94
J. van der Wiel 37 (47b) , M. Azad 35 (67b) , R. Bastinac 6-0-30-1

Pyro putting on a good partnership here after I had him 4/60 on a Flat/Sunny! Still happy with the way the match is progressing.

Nails

0.4   W   Dorenagama to Stone : [catch] A loose delivery from Dorenagama pitched wide outside the off stump. Stone leans back and cuts hard, ending up with a feather touch and Taylor holds on well to a fairly hard chance.
D. Stone c E. Taylor b. D. Dorenagama 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

On a hard/hot?

Surely my opener expert summary should be getting bowled out for a duck by PB's bowlers :(

4.6   W   Dorenagama to Simon : [catch] That ball shapes away, catches the edge and Livingston takes it at first slip. Simon starts the slow and lonely walk back to the pavilion.
R. Simon c L. Livingston b. D. Dorenagama 23 (14b 0x4 2x6) SR:164.29

Simon on D comes out on a Hard/Hot smashes 23 off 14 balls and then gets out? I really don't get the ME sometimes...

Whereas Siddiq who's on N (note not ON D!!!) is 3 off 12 and still in  ::)

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on August 21, 2011, 01:03:04 PM
Simon on D comes out on a Hard/Hot smashes 23 off 14 balls and then gets out?I really don't get the ME sometimes...

Whereas Siddiq who's on N (note not ON D!!!) is 3 off 12 and still in  ::)
I'd say that is it...:-X
BI means it comes down to more than just A, N or D.

End of over 50 (5 runs) - Feeling Sheepish(239-7) RR 4.78
D. Currie 100 (102b) , S. Junior 1 (1b) , D. Johnson 10-0-53-1

Not a bad total set on an uneven/hot.
Currie was fantastic came in when we went form 0/41 to 3/49 and did exactly what I needed him to do.

Not overly confident due to a lack of real quality fm/f bowlers but I have a chance.

Nails

3 down now for a hard/hot... We are scoring above 6rpo though and it does mean my Spin Spec comes on during the middle of two spin bowlers :) which was a controversial decision as I left a maybe slightly better bat out...

Quote from: Nails on August 21, 2011, 12:27:15 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/ratings.htm?gameId=1420262

How can I beat this guy? I need to beat him so I can promote or play my guns so I sustain a better NRR but not play my young'ns for experience...

He has me by about 12K in ratings, I had him beat earlier this season because of fatigue but now I'm not sure... What do I do?

Do I leave my Academy at Declining/Steady so that I can save up ~200K to buy a gun with for our next match, do I just accept defeat and hope for a better NRR, do I cross my fingers for an upset, do I buy 2 30yo guns that are cheap w/ the money I can save?

???

Any more help on this one?

AFEV

Never buy players for 1 game. Do your research and try and beat him with orders.

Nails

This one match is the difference between promotion or demotion, lots of extra ticket sales and more sponsorship next season though...

if I lose, season wasted...

if I had have kept playing my oldies I would have had a chance on NRR but been playing my younger players for EXP... hmmm