Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

A question i haven't found the answer to yet. If a player was to score runs consistently, will their batting points go up as a result of good performances? the same with bowling and fielding.

pyronerd

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2011, 10:31:08 PM
A question i haven't found the answer to yet. If a player was to score runs consistently, will their batting points go up as a result of good performances? the same with bowling and fielding.
no

PowerBug

Quote from: pyronerd on August 11, 2011, 10:36:19 PM
no
Well that sucks doesn't it?

PowerBug

49.6 . Livingston to Muqeem : Muqeem slashes at it, but can't get it past point.

End of over 50 (2 runs) - Clyde Cougars(276-7) RR 5.52
K. Muqeem 16 (15b) , J. Harper 24 (20b) , L. Livingston 10-0-53-3

That ends the innings of Clyde Cougars. PowerBugCC will have a target of 277 to chase.

Alright, game on Cyrus!

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on August 11, 2011, 10:36:19 PM
no
Well that sucks doesn't it?
Not really...Because...Y'know....They train...

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=71602

A combination of fear of demotion and frustration with the market caused me to buy this guy...At least he is decent for quite a few seasons with that skill set and talent.

Nails

7.2   4   Maddox to Srikkanth : [Boundary Hitter] Srikkanth plays a pull shot. He swivels nicely on the front foot to pull a bouncer to the long leg region. One bounce and over the ropes.
7.1   4   Maddox to Srikkanth : [Boundary Hitter] Short and wide, cut away for four. Poor delivery from Maddox.
    End of over 7 (9 runs) - bombersXI(40-1). 136 runs required from 43 overs. RR 5.71 RRR 3.16
C. Tissera 0 (6b) , K. Srikkanth 19 (17b) , K. Mamta 4-1-25-1
6.6   1   Mamta to Srikkanth : [misfield] The batsmen have scampered through for a single that shouldn't have been possible, but Texel was standing with his hands in his pockets and couldn't react quickly enough. Mamta looks furious.
6.5   6   Mamta to Srikkanth : [Boundary Hitter] Hello and goodbye! Short delivery, and in a flash he swivels and pulls that high and handsome over deep midwicket for six.

3 times in 4 balls? get flowered.

9.3   6   Maddox to Srikkanth : [Boundary Hitter] Length ball from Maddox, on off stump, but Srikkanth is able to get underneath it and send it away towards the mid-wicket boundary, staying on one knee for the cameras. Great cricketing shot, showing that you don't need to slog the ball to get the maximum.

Srsly go get flowered BH.

Nails

10.6   .   Ud-Din to Srikkanth : [dropped] Sweeney is furious with himself for missing a relatively straight-forward edge behind. Ud-Din is somewhat less pleased.

PowerBug

It's all fake Nails, it's just commentary.
In my game:
End of over 8 (7 runs) - PowerBugCC(56-0). 221 runs required from 42 overs. RR 7.00 RRR 5.26
G. Tonge 18 (15b) , W. Wardlaw 37 (33b) , K. Muqeem 4-0-33-0

Cruising :)

Nails

The fact he was dropped and the boundary hitters aren't fake...

Boundary Hitter = triggered talent, Dropped catch = failed skill check.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on August 11, 2011, 11:10:50 PM
The fact he was dropped and the boundary hitters aren't fake...

Boundary Hitter = triggered talent, Dropped catch = failed skill check.
Well, you should recruit my 16yo's. They can field better than your mob :P

Cyrus

12.1   .   Proverbs to Wardlaw : [dropped] Sandher has dropped a dolly at cover! Even my mother would have caught that!
12.4   .   Proverbs to Tonge : [dropped] Is that a dropped catch? Tonge flashes hard outside the off stump, and the ball pops in and out of Lees's gloves. Replays suggest that there may have been the faintest of edges on that, so that goes down as a missed opportunity for Lees.
that hurts

PowerBug

PowerBug

Runs have dried up fortunately, coz nothing else is going your way:

Harper to Tonge : [dropped] Tonge hits it hard in the air towards point. Muqeem gets a hand to it but can't quite hold on.

Nails

17.2   W   Texel to Srikkanth : [catch] It's up! Maddox is coming round quickly for it... and takes the catch! Rash thinking and a bit of premeditation from Srikkanth has him on the way back to the pavilion.
K. Srikkanth c B. Maddox b. T. Texel 56 (61b 3x4 3x6) SR:91.80

Should have been Ud-Din's, if he keeps suffering dropped catches he'll never get leading wicket taker :(

17.3   .   Texel to Susarla : [dropped] Half volley outside off stump, Susarla throws the bat at it and Yogish drops it at cover! It was a hard catch, but you've got to take those opportunities.

Followed up by...

17.5   W   Texel to Susarla : [Slower Ball] Bowled him! One of Texel's legendary split finger slower balls. Susarla had no chance and he trudges off the ground, having no idea what just happened.
A. Susarla b. T. Texel 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Hopefully BB can win as slowly as possible for a minimal NRR boost.

DOUBLE WICKET MAIDEN

Beast Texel! Shame I can't win, but I can slow BB down :D

PowerBug

Didn't know you were versing BB there. Good job. I need some sleep now as i still have school tomorrow, so i'll be back at around 11:30am.

Good luck Cyrus, my good batters are still waiting to come out and bat :P