Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 01:29:39 PM
After the training pops for my squad yesterday 6 out of 13 players now have the required Capable fielding or better. Spend some more weeks training to hopefully get those numbers up higher

What about my WK? Should I train him on keeping or fielding?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=508951

I'm planning to train him for one more keeping pop then get him to reliable fielding (making him a acc keeper with rel fielding)

He has 4,368 SR so I might even get a double pop of keeping and fielding next week which would be great, that'd make me acc keeper with cap fielding.

PowerBug

So what should i put his training on?

cookie311993

nails train your keeper on keeper batsman for now? hopefully you can get a quick batting, tech and keeping pop, then give him some fielding. Pb alternate him in the skills that are relevant to him

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 01:38:55 PM
nails train your keeper on keeper batsman for now? hopefully you can get a quick batting, tech and keeping pop, then give him some fielding. Pb alternate him in the skills that are relevant to him

I know he's no chance, but I wish he could make the nat squad :(

Who knows, maybe if I can get him to outs/spec keeper in 4 seasons time he might be a nice back up? I know, I'm dreaming, but it's a nice dream.

cookie311993

He has no chance nails. Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you had a deluxe academy he  would have a chance. Senior nats is alot harder than youths to make . If he hasnt played U/19s then he is already behind the pack

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 01:58:29 PM
He has no chance nails. Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you had a deluxe academy he  would have a chance. Senior nats is alot harder than youths to make . If he hasnt played U/19s then he is already behind the pack

Yeah I know, it's a dream, dreams aren't real :P He'll be a pretty damn handy player for me at least, I think he was a bit of a steal for 36K...

How do players pop in captaincy btw? Is by playing them as captain what makes them pop in captaincy? If so I might take a captaincy hit and play Sweeney as Keeper/Bat/Captain... as he's already accomplished captain and just going to keep going boom boom boom

That is 100 runs for Shingle (100 runs, 64b, 7x4, 1x6) SR:156.25

Great innings Shingle, a flawless one, haven't given them a single chance to dismiss you, very solid effort.

Arrr! Siddiq just got caught as I was typing that

20.4   W   Richa to Siddiq : [catch] Wonderful delivery from Richa which moves away after pitching. Siddiq looking to drive through the off side, not fully in position to drive, gets the edge through to Sira.
S. Siddiq c D. Sira b. A. Richa 82 (63b 3x4 3x6) SR:130.16

Oh well, he did get dropped on 18 and 73 so that's not too bad, made them pay :)

End of over 21 (12 runs) - The Nailers(194-1) RR 9.24
N. Shingle 100 (65b) , R. Simon 1 (1b) , A. Richa 1-0-12-1

cookie311993

nails when are you gonna look at getting rid of your old players. You need to look towards next season regardless of promotion or not. If not changed countries again

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
nails when are you gonna look at getting rid of your old players. You need to look towards next season regardless of promotion or not. If not changed countries again

I only have 3 old players in my side:

Shingle - to be fired soonish, Mamta - spec summary RF who will be good enough for another season or so

and Stone - exp summary bat, acc summary RFS - who should play out this season.

They're all getting replaced by rel/acc rel/rel or acc/acc players...

Therefore I'm not even taking a hit by losing them, they'll be gone once they plop to levels similar of those replacing them (some time this season)

Therefore the only old player I'll be carrying is Mamta and possibly Stone (see how he goes)

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Come to Sri Lanka!

cookie311993

yeah nails sri lanka mate. Will get you some  money and play weaker sides to improve those academies

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 05, 2011, 02:12:38 PM
yeah nails sri lanka mate. Will get you some  money and play weaker sides to improve those academies

I'm getting pretty good money in Bangladesh and I'm pretty happy here, should promote in T20 and SOD therefore not much reason to move...

I'll be getting similar if not better $ in Bangaldesh's div 4 leagues because they should nearly be all humans...

23.4   .   Naueshwara to Shingle : [dropped] Edged and dropped! First slip was primed to take the catch, before Sira thought better of it, diving to take it himself. Unfortunately he spilt it mid-air, evoking the dirtiest of looks from Naueshwara.

First chance he has given them, when he was on 114, hopefully the next chance isn't until 114 runs time :)

cookie311993

yeah but tougher leagues in bangladesh. I was thinking of moving to Scotland and taking a young squad but not sure

Nails

Oh well, even more of a challenge for me ;)

Hopefully Rene Simon can lead from the front and ensure promotion for me this year and the next.

Simon with the bat, Texel with the ball, The Nailers have a decent future ahead of them IMO.

25.2   2   Naueshwara to Shingle : [dropped] Shingle's not got onto that as well as he'd hoped. Senapati is out in the deep and it goes down! Oh dear... and if it could get any worse for Naueshwara there's 2 runs more to the score.

Not again Shingle  ::)

cookie311993

a big challenge for you nails. you will face a lot of human teams in div 4 next season

PowerBug

My SOD had 5 bots at the start of the season.