Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 12:38:59 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:35:51 PM
What do you think of Simon PB? I opened him for you.
His secondaries arte down, Power and Endurance, could explain why he didn't go on?

I really need to get my bowling line-ups right. I've got to remember to bowl Dorenagama twice early on, not the first and last spells. Charles and Dent are back on.

I'd bowl him 1 and 6... you don't want him too tired otherwise he won't perform as well...

AFEV

Reminds me of Shamim. Shamim has secondaries though :P

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 31, 2011, 12:40:15 PM

Not gifted in Technique though :P Simon should be Outstanding tech in not too much time ;)

Everyone says I should work on fielding, but I want my team to improve as much on batting/bowling as much as possible this year so I can beat MetzysWaccas in our next match up, it will be next year they all get trained on fielding as I'm happy to sit in Div 4 for a year... and then I can start training on secondaries such as strength after that.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: Sid on July 31, 2011, 12:40:15 PM

Not gifted in Technique though :P Simon should be Outstanding tech in not too much time ;)

Everyone says I should work on fielding, but I want my team to improve as much on batting/bowling as much as possible this year so I can beat MetzysWaccas in our next match up, it will be next year they all get trained on fielding as I'm happy to sit in Div 4 for a year... and then I can start training on secondaries such as strength after that.
But my academy is 3-4 levels above yours ::)
It is not that big an increase so it won't be that soon since he only popped late last season/early this season.
If you wait too long you will be punished by the ME for lack of fielding :x

I'm expecting an exp pop for Shamim very soon as well.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 12:38:59 PM
His secondaries arte down, Power and Endurance, could explain why he didn't go on?

I really need to get my bowling line-ups right. I've got to remember to bowl Dorenagama twice early on, not the first and last spells. Charles and Dent are back on.

I'd bowl him 1 and 6... you don't want him too tired otherwise he won't perform as well...
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Not sure if you saw this, but i'm playing my Youth keeper as he is just as good as my senior keepers, only younger.

Another wicket!

W
Charles to Leung : [catch] Leung is out, slicing Charles straight to cover where Dent takes the simplest of catches.
M. Leung c C. Dent b. C. Charles 10 (22b 0x4 0x6) SR:45.45

As you may know my strong point in my team is my top 6 batsman. From now on Livingston will bat at six and Harku will be at 5, so he doesn't bat for a long time. Early wickets against my team, and your over halfway to winning the game.

Nails

if Simon gets to Outs/Outs this year (doubtful) then I'll train him on fielding for rest of year... but if not, Batting training for rest of the season :)

Everyone seems to think fielding is like the be all and end all of skills...

I'll work on it next year :)

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:48:09 PM
if Simon gets to Outs/Outs this year (doubtful) then I'll train him on fielding for rest of year... but if not, Batting training for rest of the season :)

Yeah but fielding slows down faster than primaries so in theory you get an (albeit slightly) better skill set by training fielding now.

Nails

34.5   .   Charles to Ud-Din : Ud-Din not interested in that delivery and he lets it go through to Paree.

Carn Ud-Din, I want a big century from you today :D

PowerBug

9/149!!!

W
Charles to Maddox : This my friends is what we call a fruit salad. A peach of a delivery from Charles that cut back onto the stumps, the batsman appearing to play his shot like he'd stepped on a banana skin and was obviously plum(b) before Maddox walked back to the pavilion looking redder than a watermelon.
B. Maddox lbw b. C. Charles 2 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR:22.22

Clinton Charles has 4 wickets. Unfortunately he and Dent are now tired.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 31, 2011, 12:49:57 PM

Yeah but fielding slows down faster than primaries so in theory you get an (albeit slightly) better skill set by training fielding now.

Though training fielding now = I'm less likely to promote than when training primaries yes?

Div 5 is absolutely crap sponsorship/PM... I think PB gets like $15K more PER WEEK... and he's in Div 4... I atm lose like 1K/week or something after finances, therefore really need to promote... and therefore sacrifice a slightly lesser skill set... but oh well.

PowerBug

I get $95,056 in sponsorship. Two weeks ago that covered my wages and Acadamies.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:52:13 PM

Though training fielding now = I'm less likely to promote than when training primaries yes?

Div 5 is absolutely crap sponsorship/PM... I think PB gets like $15K more PER WEEK... and he's in Div 4... I atm lose like 1K/week or something after finances, therefore really need to promote... and therefore sacrifice a slightly lesser skill set... but oh well.
Not necessarily.
Don't complain if a dozen misfields on a bowlers pitch costs you that game.

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on July 31, 2011, 12:55:24 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2011, 12:52:13 PM

Not necessarily.
Don't complain if a dozen misfields on a bowlers pitch costs you that game.
I won't be complaining. Nails your doing just fine, keep it the good training regime.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 12:54:48 PM
I get $95,056 in sponsorship. Two weeks ago that covered my wages and Acadamies.

Yeah I get 80.8K

Yes Alex, but if fielding costs me the game then, if I had been training fielding instead of primaries, bowling/batting would probably cost me the game.

PowerBug

I train each individual on their lowest rating, unless it's unimprotant. Then when they pop i change it to a different one, when that pops, i change again.