Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

put nothing in your youth academy put all your academy money into your seniors

and dont upgrade your stadium until you regularly sell out

Fletch74

Only do the SA at improving++ PB. Don't waste your time on the YA yet.

If you don't change your SA every week, then your players won't train as fast, as it generally only takes 5 weeks of improving++ to increase a level. Again a waste of expense if you don't invest in your academies like that.

valkorum

Quote from: PowerBug on July 08, 2011, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on July 08, 2011, 03:35:46 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 08, 2011, 03:34:08 PM
PB you wont need a 10,000 seat capacity stadium.  Save your money there.  I have an 8,000 seat stadium and I only sell out to 1 or 2 teams in my league. 
+1 I have a 9,000 seat stadium and I've sold out once.... PC I've got close against some good sides in Div 3 T20, but you'll be wasting your money ATM
I thought about only upgrading to 7 or 8 thousand, but because i'm going straight to 10 thousand i save that extra $10k which is the basement price.

But it will cost you an extra $42k per season to have a 10k stadium compared to a 7k stadium.  It costs $1000 per week per 1000 seats.  So the $10k you save actually becomes a $32k loss in the first year and then a $42k loss each year thereafter.

Trust us - stick with your current 5k seat stadium

Update since your last post:  DONT UPGRADE YOUR STADIUM.  You dont need to.  $50k to upgrade and then $28k per season is not worth it.  You would need to sell out your stadium every game to make it worth it.

PowerBug

Quote from: Cicjose on July 08, 2011, 03:47:35 PM

The stadium will not be upgraded ASAP, i will wait until i sell out. I'm leaving it there so i know how much money i've got should it start to sell out.

valkorum

Quote from: PowerBug on July 08, 2011, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on July 08, 2011, 03:47:35 PM

The stadium will not be upgraded ASAP, i will wait until i sell out. I'm leaving it there so i know how much money i've got should it start to sell out.

It will prob be sometime during your second season that you will maybe need to start looking at upgrading your stadium.  I wouldnt budget for it this season. 

PowerBug

Just realised that the Acadamies start this week, so it's 15 weeks not 14. Updating that now.

Justin Bieber

Already planning ahead I see PB ;).

I went for a 10k stadium all out with my first upgrade. Don't sell out regularly as I usually only get 7-9k people through the gates. In hindsight, should have probably gone 8k.

Nails

PB what you also have to take into consideration is that as your SA so does your required $$$ amount to keep it improving

It cost me $23,000 to have it imp++ last week but if I needed it imp++ this week it would have cost $25K

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on July 08, 2011, 04:08:58 PM
PB what you also have to take into consideration is that as your SA so does your required $$$ amount to keep it improving

It cost me $23,000 to have it imp++ last week but if I needed it imp++ this week it would have cost $25K
Ahh. It's going to be a flat $34'000 for the season, no more upgrades.

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 08, 2011, 04:06:15 PM
Already planning ahead I see PB ;).

I went for a 10k stadium all out with my first upgrade. Don't sell out regularly as I usually only get 7-9k people through the gates. In hindsight, should have probably gone 8k.
Yes, i'm looking to see how much money can go into player buying.
Like i've written, I'm putting $50k aside for a stadium upgrade.

Maca24

Think Ill upgrade mine to 8000 seats. I only have 6500  :P

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on July 08, 2011, 04:11:57 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 08, 2011, 04:08:58 PM

Ahh. It's going to be a flat $34'000 for the season, no more upgrades.
You're wasting your money then, especially early on when you may only need 25k for improving++, the extra 9k becomes a waste.

We've tried to help you PB, it's your loss of money.

Master Q

Fletch74

Quote from: Master Q on July 08, 2011, 06:00:33 PM
Fletch:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=531922

:-* :-* :-*
I have him bookmarked Q. I just need to work out if I go for him, I'll have 3 mediums.... I may have to sell another. I'm just watching ATM

Justin Bieber

Brad Allen. Didn't sell for 200k so should sell for discounted 100k :P. Find a Keeper yet BB?