Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

wrist spinners are good. did you buy both?

Nails

yep, bought both off you...

I now have 3 wrist spinners  ::)

Oh well, I ensured you made an extra $2,000 on them :)

2K of "thank you for your help" :)

They might not even get many games for me... I'm not sure... makes the wrist spinner I bought at 35K the other day a bit redundant  ::)

Although he's reliable/capable so should be better than your lws once he's 21... The thing is do I play the better wrist spinner (the guy I just bought off you) or the spinner who I want to develop... my rel/cap 20yo

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Nails on July 05, 2011, 12:55:16 PM
yep, bought both off you...

I now have 3 wrist spinners  ::)

Oh well, I ensured you made an extra $2,000 on them :)

2K of "thank you for your help" :)

They might not even get many games for me... I'm not sure... makes the wrist spinner I bought at 35K the other day a bit redundant  ::)

Although he's reliable/capable so should be better than your lws once he's 21... The thing is do I play the better wrist spinner (the guy I just bought off you) or the spinner who I want to develop... my rel/cap 20yo
I would rotate them.

Nails

I outbid some guy... on an OLD FART

71K on a 32yo AR... beginning to hugely regret it... I didn't see the upcoming bargains...

He'll be good for my side for 1 year though I guess... maybe 2? if they don't retire? :s

I guess it's worth it maybe? He's a gun, so therefore I'll be more likely to promote with him opening the batting, crowd will be happier with the wins, and I can earn more $ in the long run? Maybe?

I'll post him once I've won him.

Nails

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=80853

$71,000.....

HUGE overpay yes? I just seemed to get a little keen on this guy...

He can open the batting for me.... and maybe bowl 5 overs... but I'll need to rest him regularly cause of on capable endurance... He was a huge impulse buy and a mistake, but he'll perform when he does play I guess....

valkorum

Quote from: Nails on July 05, 2011, 01:06:24 PM

$71,000.....

HUGE overpay yes? I just seemed to get a little keen on this guy...

He can open the batting for me.... and maybe bowl 5 overs... but I'll need to rest him regularly cause of on capable endurance... He was a huge impulse buy and a mistake, but he'll perform when he does play I guess....

Cant see his stats but outs experience surely will be a big plus for your team.  Just not sure how many seasons he will play until he decides to retire.

Bazinga

At 32 his skills will decrease every week and he will gradually get worse and worse. Not a very wise investment there Nails.

Maca24

Nails

Take a look now, even I know it was most likely a huuuge overpay...

but he'll be my star bat... and could be a star bowler.... if he had the endurance... Maybe I can just play him in my SOD (only two bots)

and not play him in T20 (mostly bots)

His stats aren't great, but he's easily my best bat, with the opener talent as a nice bonus and he's a decent bowler... Will be great for crumbling pitches when I need batting depth, he could bowl 10 overs and I could fit another batsman in.

Based on how much better he is than my other bowlers even him tired will probably before just as well as my other bowlers...

@Baz, yeah I thought his skills would decrease, but I wasn't sure...

I guess he'll be good for half a season at least.... his stats aren't even that impressive... I just made a quick impulse buy and am regretting it as players are getting cheaper...

@ Maca... yes a mistake I know... *face palm*

valkorum

If he was outs/outs then you may have been ok, but at accom/accom I think this is a bad buy

Nails

Yeah, there was an out/out bat that went for a similar price @ 31yo... I was wishing I got him instead, but had my money on this guy  :o

At least he brings a bit of exp to my side and a potential all rounder...

He's my best bat by a mile (before he decreases and my others increase  ::))

And my 2nd/3rd best bowler... so he'll at least help me early on and if he helps me to promote, well that's a bonus...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Bazinga on July 05, 2011, 01:10:36 PM
At 32 his skills will decrease every week and he will gradually get worse and worse. Not a very wise investment there Nails.
Yep, will only get worse from here :-/. Put him on Rest each week as otherwise he'll keep going down in fatigue as well. His endurance is horrible for his age :o. He wasn't trained all that well.....

But we all make impulse buys. Just gotta make them worth it ;). I remember Brad Allen...... Sreed...... Moser. Not great examples but I'd never had spent that much money on a single player until I saw them, :-X.

c4v3m4n

Hey guys,

I finally got my team.

Would love some help getting the ball rolling  ;) I'll be over in my n00b thread.

cookie311993

Justin Bieber

FOR NAILS:
You are able to fire Watts and Perrin now as they won't sell and are adding to your wage.

Oxford and O'Brien could be kept but are your weakest so would suggest selling them off (could get 1k maybe).

Orders for them would be:
1. Davey Stone
2. Animesa Yogish (D)
3. Rene Simon
4. Jason Bubb
5. Andrew Dickson
6. Jamie Sweeney (D)

Could do another one on A or D.

Bowlers for a Crumbling:
Asif Ud-Din (FS)
Billy Maddox (FM)
Matthew Leung (WS)
John Greig (WS)
Caleb Salah (FM)

4 other bowlers so I'd suggest chopping 2 of them at least for wage constraints. Bryan Addison and Jacob Castonguay are your weakest Bowlers for me and you already have 3 other FM's and 2 other WS's besides them.