Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Bad tech there PB. You need to close that tech gap. Will struggle unless you can.

cookie311993

will struggle big time PB. Reasonable/Poor is terrible. Should be ordinary summary or worse. Tech improve for economical bowler

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 30, 2011, 12:10:02 PM
Bad tech there PB. You need to close that tech gap. Will struggle unless you can.
He's working on Fitness for now. I'll get his endurance up to reasonable.

cookie311993

dont do endurance and strength Pb as it will take you ages given his age and your academy level

Nails

I really need a second spinner...

Other than an ordinary/poor LFS... I don't have any other spinners :(

LFS or RWS would be good enough methinks.

AFEV

That is OK Nails.
There will be plenty for you to chase ;)

Nails

The weather for the match is expected to be Windy and the groundsmen have prepared a Crumbling pitch. Conditions look ideal for the spinners.

A crowd of 836 has arrived at The Nailers CG today for the One Day Friendly upset match between The Nailers and The Matchbox Matadors. Whilst the odds are 50-1 against The Nailers I smell an upset today

Priyadarshini has called tails and lost the toss. Sweeney ponders for a moment before deciding to bowl first. The Matchbox Matadors will start their innings shortly.

n00b CF. Always call Heads.

Hopefully my hail mary of opening the bowling with Ud-Din comes off... lol

0.1   4   Ud-Din to Knight : Short and wide outside off, and Knight waits for it and sends it past backward point. Simon runs around from third man, but can't cut it off. Knight and Skinner touch gloves as the walk back to their respective ends.

CF is on track for 1,200

0.5   3   Ud-Din to Skinner : [misfield] Wonderful dive by Dickson. Pity he dived right over the ball.

What is this shhhhowwwer

End of over 2 (8 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(17-0) RR 8.50 :(

Nails

WTF is this black magic shower...

First ball of every over a boundary of some description...

0.1 4 
1.1 4
2.1 4
3.1 6
4.1 4   Ud-Din to Skinner : [misfield] Looks like Pasuma doesn't want to get his cricket whites dirty! A terrible attempt at a sliding save and Ud-Din gets four more added against his name.

>:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

5.1   .   Maddox to Skinner : That ball came angling in dangerously and all Skinner could do was push it down into the ground. No run.

Yay.

End of over 6 (2 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(46-0) RR 7.67
R. Knight 20 (20b) , P. Skinner 25 (17b) , B. Maddox 3-0-23-0

Too good for you CF, you're no good unless you score a boundary first ball :P

Only 1 run off the bat that over :P 8)

Nails

Never opening with Ud-Din again

8.1   4   Ud-Din to Knight : [misfield] Pasuma flings a hand out but is unable to stop the ball racing away. 4 is the result.

wtf Pasuma... TWO misfields for boundaries...

9.6   W   Maddox to Skinner : An ugly swipe takes the top edge. Maddox tracks the swirling ball and gleefully accepts the catch.
P. Skinner c & b. B. Maddox 35 (28b 2x4 1x6) SR:125.00

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Last time I ever open Ud-Din... I might not be getting spanked as much if I had him bowling first change and not opener...

CrowsFan

Ah so that was your big secret plan!
Lucky for me Knight has the opener talent, which lasts for the first 15 overs :)

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 01:41:43 PM
Ah so that was your big secret plan!
Lucky for me Knight has the opener talent, which lasts for the first 15 overs :)

Yeah I need me one of those...

EOS I'm looking for:

1 opener talent bat, 1 accumulator talent bat and one spinner

Plan was that Ud-Din is only bowler with any chance of taken a bag... Therefore start him early and not let your openers smash my lesser bowlers... didn't work obviously...

Fletch74

Starting with spinner usually results in a penalty in the ME, don't know the amount though...

Nails

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 30, 2011, 01:48:35 PM
Starting with spinner usually results in a penalty in the ME, don't know the amount though...

Yeah thought it was about 5% penalty

But I figured it's a crumbling/windy so that should cancel out any penalty and he should still be an exceptional summary...

Didn't work as I had hoped

Now I'm just going to get spankedddd I'll probably get bowled out for 50 odd

PowerBug

Toss:   Red Pig won the toss and elected to bowl.

K. Moore    c Philpott    b Healy     126 (104) SR: 121.15
L. Livingston    not out  153 (75) SR: 204.00

Total:    (3 wickets, 50 overs)    464    RR: 9.28

Fletch74

Generally for me if you have a decent spinner, you want them to be effective when the oppositions players are getting tired also. So spells 3 onwards work for me.