Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Ok decided to play full strength, this way I wont have any excuses if I lose.
Actually worried about Ud-Din I must admit...

Nails

Yeah if I had my time again my team would be named

"Ud-Din Worshippers" or "One Man Team" or "Ud-Din Does it All" or "Best I" (best 1)

etc. lol :)

Boomz

Gunz n Rozez   lion chase
Batting - Top Order:   6.526   4.361
Batting - Middle Order:   4.314   3.429
Batting - Tail:   2.678   3.031
Bowling - Seam:   3.679 (8)   3.233 (6)
Bowling - Spin:   3.322 (2)   3.863 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:   4.906   4.127
Overall:   84.152   70.055

33 run win :) My new 19yo recruits lifted my ratings for 1 week :P

Justin Bieber

Hello The Quakers Quolls
Batting - Top Order: 5,635 5,513
Batting - Middle Order: 3,565 4,292
Batting - Tail: 2,706 3,284
Bowling - Seam: 6,128 (5) 5,837 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 4,738 (5) 4,668 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,167 6,315
Overall: 90,580 96,034

For Harrison Morgan's and Daniel Currie's last game in my Youth squad, they played vital parts in the upset 6 wicket win :D. Set to bowl first on the Slow/Hot and Morgan came out with 2 wickets in the first over! Ended with 3 wickets for his 13th YOD 3fer 8).
Sent in with a target of 218 to reach, my batters seemed to pull it out of something for these 2 Superstars. Openers combined for 51 runs between them. Kross (Keeper) did very well with his 50 to support the Man Of The Match, none other than Daniel Currie :P. His 86 runs smashed the 2500 YOD run barrier and is the perfect send off especially as it was his 50th YOD game ;D.
As Hello's Youth Squad were walking off the pitch, they lifted their mates on their shoulders while the Home Crowd of 4,137 stand on their feet to applaud these Youth HoFers for Hello. Harrison Morgan is off to get ready for the Make or Break SOD game while Currie leaves the squad to join the New Zealanders in their bid for the U19 World Cup.

CrowsFan

Nice to see they both performed well in their final game for the youth team. Hopefully they can continue that form in the seniors too, and also Currie in the World Cup.

HP you should be able to answer this, does the U19 world cup happen every season or every second?

AFEV

I can't believe they are graduating (:P)
I remember when they were twiggy 17 y.os with a butt-load of potential.
Well done HP! I know I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of watching them grow ;)

Justin Bieber

Thanks Guys :). They've already played a couple in the Seniors (e.g Reasonable Experience already :P). It has been great watching them grow in my academy and see them progress through the seasons since they were 16 :). Lets hope we can watch them throughout their senior career to a similar effect! Although their competition won't be as easy now :P.

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 12:20:17 AM
HP you should be able to answer this, does the U19 world cup happen every season or every second?
Every second season. This season is the U19, Next season is the Seniors, then back again to U19 the one after. As the cups are held at EOS, they are considered in this season. After the World Cups, the elections for those NATs are started up. So after the U19 World Cup, there'll be U19 NAT manager elections.

CrowsFan

Oh bugger was hoping it was each season.
Means my acc/acc old ball bowler wont get to play in the world cup :(
Although he probably wouldn't make it anyway since he is australian...

Justin Bieber

Depends on his bowling style and secondaries (to an extent). If he's turning 19 next season, may tour a bit though if he's already Acc/Acc :o.

Harrison Morgan didn't make the cut for FM as the stocks in Australia are quite filled for this World Cup and no Tech pop was going to hurt :(. So the bowling style comes into play alot as there may be others who are just better than him that particular season :(.

I got lucky with Currie as he hasn't toured with NZ but his recent Tech pop to Acc and his fielding gave him the edge over others :D.

CrowsFan

Nah not acc/acc yet. Currently cap/rel, but will pop in bowling within the first 2 weeks, and then about 10 weeks to pop again (I think) so should be acc/acc by the end of the season.

Got avg fielding and endurance, but unfortunately is the common finger spinner :(

Justin Bieber

Ah, don't think he'd make it considering most of the 19 y.o's in the squad are Acc/Acc, especially for the Aussies :o. Should be pretty good for you as a player though 8).

Finger Spinners may be common, but sometimes it's an off season for their style so who knows, although unlikely :P.

I have a Rea/Rea Wristy who is in with a chance of NAT duty when he turns 19 if I can get him up to Rel/Cap  by end of next season. Is quite a stretch and would have been a great chance for NAT duty if he was 16 when I recruited him instead of 17 ::). Ah well, sometimes it doesn't go our way but at least we get a potential Senior player out of it 8).

Nails

PM for you to read HP :)

Keep it secret!

CrowsFan

Yeah don't really mind that he wont make it.
He will be a good player for me so I'm happy :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on June 30, 2011, 12:52:40 AM

Keep it secret!
Replied ;). And why would I tell anyway? :P.

Nails

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 30, 2011, 01:01:42 AM
Quote from: Nails on June 30, 2011, 12:52:40 AM

Keep it secret!
Replied ;). And why would I tell anyway? :P.

Because if CF learnt of my super tactic he might be able to counteract it and be a small chance of beating me...