Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on June 29, 2011, 04:17:30 PM
Scotland still has one more season of double-relegation. Will give you more chance of progressing up a division if your team is competitive. Only problem could be that the games aren't till 7pm (8pm when daylight savings kicks in again). Personally I love the time matches start in Scotland  :)

I don't get why leagues get double relegations etc. why are they all different? What caused this? etc.

8-6 Suited

Newly created leagues get 2 up 4 down as the divisions are randomly created, thus exceptionally strong teams end up with weaker teams. It allows them to promote quicker to the higher divisions/

Nails

In the opinion of the rest of you... Where should The Nailers re-locate to?

PowerBug

Australia is the perfect start time for me, so a move to Bangladesh only moves my start time forward 1.5 - 2 hours.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 29, 2011, 04:34:18 PM
In the opinion of the rest of you... Where should The Nailers re-locate to?
You should come to Bangladesh. 2:00am start times.

8-6 Suited

I quite enjoy Scotland, as a large chunk of our members are here.

Bazinga

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 29, 2011, 04:44:00 PM

Scotland is perfect for me. I would never consider leaving there.

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on June 29, 2011, 04:49:23 PM

That is why I want to move to Scotland PB... so I can play against the others from here :)

Any reasons I shouldn't move to Scotland other than not wanting to wear a kilt?

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Nails on June 29, 2011, 04:52:06 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on June 29, 2011, 04:49:23 PM

That is why I want to move to Scotland PB... so I can play against the others from here :)

Any reasons I shouldn't move to Scotland other than not wanting to wear a kilt?

Nope. The timezone is perfect...

Nails

I'm a casual worker and work at nights 2-3 nights a week so would miss matches...

I can watch my matches at TAFE however and therefore I think 12pm AET starts would be ideal... start during my lunch break and finish near end of the class where I can monitor them :D so it might be Bangladesh for PB and I :)

Or Ireland would be another quality option for me...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Bazinga on June 29, 2011, 04:17:30 PM
Scotland still has one more season of double-relegation. Will give you more chance of progressing up a division if your team is competitive. Only problem could be that the games aren't till 7pm (8pm when daylight savings kicks in again). Personally I love the time matches start in Scotland  :)
Kinda the same for me. Would have preferred 2-3 hours earlier with Sri Lanka/India/Pakistan probably the best times for me as it starts just after I finish school. May move there in a couple of seasons but I'm enjoying Scotland at the moment and I usually stay up until 1-2am so time isn't a problem there :P.

If you are planning to move to a new country, choose a country with a time that suits you. If it happens to be a fairly unpopulated country such as Sri Lanka, so be it :P. But moving to a country such as Sri Lanka or Bangladesh does mean your Gatetakings may be down if you are to play bots most weeks, so be prepared.

chrisuzz

If ya come to Scotland you might end up in my SOD league im in div5 SOD next season :'(
But ill be div3 T20 and Youth which is alright i guesss

Nails

The Nailers >> Club Transfer
You have successfully requested to move your team from Australia to Bangladesh at the end of the season.

Please keep in mind that moves are not guaranteed, as there need to be enough teams willing to move in the other direction (computer controlled teams will always agree to be moved).

pyronerd

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1304885

The Brodie Bunch   PyroNerds XI
Batting - Top Order:   3,087   4,872
Batting - Middle Order:   2,947   3,903
Batting - Tail:   2,704   2,697
Bowling - Seam:   2,868 (6)   4,387 (8)
Bowling - Spin:   3,680 (4)   5,938 (2)
Fielding/Keeping:   3,625   4,202
Overall:   59,089   79,279

approaching 6k spin ratings 8)

chrisuzz