Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 04:26:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played cricket in a couple years...

But LWS and RFS = spin same way and RWS and LFS = same way yes?

Therefore in game do you still get a bonus for bowling a lws and rfs in tandem? Are they essentially bowling the same thing? Would it be better to have a LWS and a RWS than a LWS and a RFS for example?
Not sure about the bonuses in FTP, but having RWS and LWS works better in real life, as each bowler spins it the opposite way.
RWS and LFS spin to the left (From the bowlers view), and RFS and LWS spin to the right.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 03:14:25 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 02:39:07 PM
Alright. I'm going SA $30k and YA $10k.
Why do you have to spend $40k? Just spend the minimum of Improving++ on the SA, and that's it!! Waste your money otherwise.
I figured i'll still make a profit by doing this. Plus it makes my players get better, quicker.
If you invest 32k and your SA is on Improving++, you'll make 8k more than what you will than putting 40k on your SA for Improving++ - there is very little difference in doing this.
I've got $30k on SA and $10k on YA. My youth's keep improving too. Maybe i should drop SA to $25k as it's still '++'.
100% what you need to do. Drop it to when it changes from Improving+ to Improving++ whether that is 25k, or 23k. Save yourself some money. As your SA goes up, so will the investment have to as well.

If you want to invest in your YA that's cool, but maybe just on Improving or Improving+ - concentrate on SA as that is where the big bucks are.

Ther are a few teams on here with meagre YA's
Yeah, not to the same extent. 10k on YA is improving. 25k on SA is improving++. I'll stick with that for now.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 04:30:43 PM

Therefore in game do you still get a bonus for bowling a lws and rfs in tandem? Are they essentially bowling the same thing? Would it be better to have a LWS and a RWS than a LWS and a RFS for example?
Not sure about the bonuses in FTP, but having RWS and LWS works better in real life, as each bowler spins it the opposite way.
RWS and LFS spin to the left (From the bowlers view), and RFS and LWS spin to the right.

Yeah that's what I thought and am wondering if the bonus is therefore null if bowling a RFS and LWS... because I see some tasty LWS I want, but I'd prefer RWS if I get a bonus with ud-din

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 04:05:11 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=582225

Highly doubt it, but I'm going to throw every single dollar of my $19,100 at this guy...

Then I can have RFS Ud-Din and LFS Ud-Din bowling in tandem  :-*
Bahaha, Nice Nails ;). He shouldn't go more than 5k and isn't a bad project with that talent of his 8).

Nails

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 27, 2011, 04:36:18 PM

Highly doubt it, but I'm going to throw every single dollar of my $19,100 at this guy...

Bahaha, Nice Nails ;). He shouldn't go more than 5k and isn't a bad project with that talent of his 8).

He won't be a batter for me unfortunately... obviously... but he'll be a good number 8 so the tail can wag :)

Ud-Din and Ud-Din bowling side by side.... taking 10 wickets together... man just thinking about it is getting me excited.

I'm going to bidding agent all of my $19,000 for him! :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 04:39:36 PM

He won't be a batter for me unfortunately... obviously... but he'll be a good number 8 so the tail can wag :)

Ud-Din and Ud-Din bowling side by side.... taking 10 wickets together... man just thinking about it is getting me excited.

My chances of winning the OneDay n00b Cup look gone if you get him.

cookie311993

last youth training for the season has just occurred for me

AFEV

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 27, 2011, 04:41:45 PM
Lets just hope we all get shower pulls tonight :)

Nails

PowerBug

What are everyone's supporter mood's like? Mine are on content - 521 supporters.

Fletch74

I'm thinking I might keep my Youth Pull until after the EOS update, but before next weeks Finance update, that way I get a chance for two YP's in the first week...

That should work, shouldn't it? I'd hate to get a good YP this week... :-\

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on June 27, 2011, 04:44:01 PM
??

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 04:39:36 PM

Not a bad tailender though ;). Better batting tail than most of my bowlers :P.

Still get the little bonus Nails. Different bowling style so it's still there, despite the spinning the same way.

Isn't the updates on Saturday or Sunday? And don't think you can recruit until like 3 days after EOS updates I think?

Boomz

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 04:46:23 PM
I'm thinking I might keep my Youth Pull until after the EOS update, but before next weeks Finance update, that way I get a chance for two YP's in the first week...

That should work, shouldn't it? I'd hate to get a good YP this week... :-\

Good idea in theory but surely they have something in place to stop people doing that :(

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 04:47:16 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 27, 2011, 04:44:01 PM
??
You want the best YP in the first week, that way they will sell for more, as they have 4 years of experience to gain, rather than 3 if you get one tonight...