Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Be nice you barbies. Cyrus is cool shower.

Or I will load my Angry Shaggy and make you all sorry for being mean to people that are long time readers, first time posters. >.>

BratPack

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 27, 2011, 03:32:55 PM

Or I will load my Angry Shaggy and make you all sorry for being mean to people that are long time readers, first time posters. >.>

I'll give it a shot but one question...

What's this "nice" you speak of?  :P

8-6 Suited

I'll rephrase that for you BP... Be gentle! :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 03:14:25 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 02:39:07 PM
Alright. I'm going SA $30k and YA $10k.
Why do you have to spend $40k? Just spend the minimum of Improving++ on the SA, and that's it!! Waste your money otherwise.
I figured i'll still make a profit by doing this. Plus it makes my players get better, quicker.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 27, 2011, 02:24:36 PM
Nails you don't need those sorts of players for the leagues you will be in. You would be better to get cheaper players who are good enough for you to win your matches, but not so good that you can't afford their wages in the lower leagues ;)
This is what I did. Rather than go for Spect/Spec right off the bat, I filled my team with Rel/Rel 19/20 y.o's. That was 4 seasons ago and still have about 4-5 of them 8). After I got onto my feet with academies and money, then have since gone after Outs+/Outs+ players who go for 100k+. At first, the Rel/Rel players aren't a wage killer so are handy for a new team and won't go for alot now they are turning 20 years old.

Can even go after maybe 2-3 30 y.o's if you can get good ones for cheap. May only be good for 1-3 seasons, but they should be cheap and bring experience to a young side (something I didn't do but heard it's useful).

Bazinga

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 27, 2011, 03:32:55 PM

OhNoes    :o   Angry Shaggy    >:( >:( >:(    :P :P :P

All is good Sir Shaggy ... but it's impossible to know a first time posters situation without them (or anyone else) intoducing themselves first.

Boomz

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 26, 2011, 10:38:19 PM
Sorry Cyrus, welcome :) but I can name drop all I want doesnt prove anything. However, we welcome you with open arms. Unless you are qwerty. Then you die. (I kid I kid).

Speaking of qwerty... Just saw on DT talks facebook page that he got hacked and they traded in Hayes and Grimes  :o

Nails

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 27, 2011, 03:44:19 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on June 27, 2011, 02:24:36 PM
Nails you don't need those sorts of players for the leagues you will be in. You would be better to get cheaper players who are good enough for you to win your matches, but not so good that you can't afford their wages in the lower leagues ;)
This is what I did. Rather than go for Spect/Spec right off the bat, I filled my team with Rel/Rel 19/20 y.o's. That was 4 seasons ago and still have about 4-5 of them 8). After I got onto my feet with academies and money, then have since gone after Outs+/Outs+ players who go for 100k+. At first, the Rel/Rel players aren't a wage killer so are handy for a new team and won't go for alot now they are turning 20 years old.

Can even go after maybe 2-3 30 y.o's if you can get good ones for cheap. May only be good for 1-3 seasons, but they should be cheap and bring experience to a young side (something I didn't do but heard it's useful).

Yeah sounds good...

My reliable/capable players just really struggle on some pitches! I need one batsman who the rest of the side can bat around sorta thing...

Someone like Steve Waugh, someone who when the side is 5/80 will stay in and make a double ton kind of thing...

If I could get a 29-30yo with the accumulator talent, that'd be perfect.

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 03:41:47 PM
Why do you have to spend $40k? Just spend the minimum of Improving++ on the SA, and that's it!! Waste your money otherwise.
I figured i'll still make a profit by doing this. Plus it makes my players get better, quicker.
If you invest 32k and your SA is on Improving++, you'll make 8k more than what you will than putting 40k on your SA for Improving++ - there is very little difference in doing this.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
If you invest 32k and your SA is on Improving++, you'll make 8k more than what you will than putting 40k on your SA for Improving++ - there is very little difference in doing this.
I've got $30k on SA and $10k on YA. My youth's keep improving too. Maybe i should drop SA to $25k as it's still '++'.

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=582225

Highly doubt it, but I'm going to throw every single dollar of my $19,100 at this guy...

Then I can have RFS Ud-Din and LFS Ud-Din bowling in tandem  :-*

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 04:05:11 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=582225

Highly doubt it, but I'm going to throw every single dollar of my $19,100 at this guy...

Then I can have RFS Ud-Din and LFS Ud-Din bowling in tandem  :-*
Thanks!

PowerBug

Lucky i'm not looking for another spinner.

Nails

Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played cricket in a couple years...

But LWS and RFS = spin same way and RWS and LFS = same way yes?

Therefore in game do you still get a bonus for bowling a lws and rfs in tandem? Are they essentially bowling the same thing? Would it be better to have a LWS and a RWS than a LWS and a RFS for example?

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
I've got $30k on SA and $10k on YA. My youth's keep improving too. Maybe i should drop SA to $25k as it's still '++'.
100% what you need to do. Drop it to when it changes from Improving+ to Improving++ whether that is 25k, or 23k. Save yourself some money. As your SA goes up, so will the investment have to as well.

If you want to invest in your YA that's cool, but maybe just on Improving or Improving+ - concentrate on SA as that is where the big bucks are.

Ther are a few teams on here with meagre YA's